chapter 52

–Elazar–

"Elazar has a new mate!"

I almost couldn't believe what I was hearing. What is he thinking?! Announcing koras existence in front of so many-

My eyes looked at all of those who were watching. They all heard it, they were all whispering and speaking about it. They are going to start asking questions they are gonna find out. It's too soon!

"You're lying…" My gaze returned to my opponent as he narrowed his eyes at kion. 

"I am not! I've met her myself! She's stronger, prettier and way better of a mate than ratha!" Kion spoke confidently. "That is why you should listen to us! Elazar never laid a finger on her." He pointed towards the offending female. "She lied and said he touched her because Elazar told her to leave him alone!"

Hearing this must've set her off as she pushed past the crowd to step towards us. "You shut your mouth! You are spewing nonsense once again! Why would anyone believe your lies?!"  Ratha voiced, trying to denounce Kion's statement.

Talok and I pulled away from each other. Kion openly glared at Ratha. "I saw the entire thing! You were angry because Elazar hardly gave you a second glance! You thought he would be forlorn over losing you still but when he told you to leave you couldn't accept that he was done with you!"

This only made her angrier. "You are only defending him because you're a kit who doesn't know any better, you never had a mother or sire to teach you so you cling to the leg of a mad hunter who spends his days roaming about the forest Sulking over the shame he bears! Had you a real kinship with someone who could have properly taught you then you would not be interfering and disregarding our traditions!"

I held Kion back as he snarled at Ratha and stepped towards her. "I'd rather spend the rest of my life as an outcast than have any sort of kinship with the likes of you!" He snapped back.

"Enough! This needs to be settled!" Roku spoke up, coming between the four of us.  Kion had Elazar laid his hands upon taloks mate then talok has every right to enforce punishment to him however he seems fit. It's the way of our people and no one should undermine our way of life! You say Ratha does not speak the truth that Elazar did not do such because he has a mate but no one else has seen or heard of such." Roku's eyes moved from kion to me. "If this is true what proof is there? Where is your mate? Who is your mate…"

I balled my fists and felt my mouth go dry. What should I say? How am I supposed to tell them without then turning on us? We aren't ready for the truth to be exposed. Not yet.

"None of you know her because she's not from this tribe! She's an outsider, that is why Elazar has been spending so much time in the forest, because he's been with her!" I looked to kion wanting to stop him but I was at a complete loss on what to do. 

"Kion! That's enough-" I grabbed his arm, making him look up at me. 

"Just trust me." He whispered under his breath and gave me a quick  reassuring smile before Facing talok and ratha. What is he thinking?!

Hesitantly I let him go. "If you want proof, eleazar is carrying her mark right now! He has her braid and her scent is all over him!" They all looked at us surprised.

I grit my teeth feeling completely cornered but held my head up high. Even if they discover the truth I will not regret my choices. I made my decision to stay with kora and protect her, long ago. "What he says is true. Turning my head to the side I moved my hair to show kora's mark and Both roku and talok stepped closer to look at the braid and tolok even took it a step further taking in Kora's scent.