Chapter 10

Within seconds my body was shaking and I had turned pale. I moved my shaky hand to Hunter's shoulder to wake him up, but the smoker warned me, "I wouldn't do that if I were you," he said as he pulled out his gun and aimed it at me.

I completely froze and stared at the smoker with utter fear.

"Good girl. Now you're coming with me got it?" he smirked.

With great effort I choked out, "A-and I-if I d-don't?"

He grinned mischievously and moved his aim onto Hunter, "What do you think?"

I could've sworn my heart almost stopped at the thought of seeing Hunter die for good. I looked down at Hunter praying that he would wake up, but he was out cold.

"Wh-what are you g-going to do to me?" I stuttered.

He rubbed his chin and a huge smile spread across his face, "I'm going to make you my mate of course," he chuckled.

I came close to gagging at the disgusting thought of letting that thing come near me. He quietly climbed through the window still aiming his gun at Hunter, "C'mon now! We're wasting time," he said getting impatient.

I didn't have time to think so I gently got out from under Hunter and stood a distance away from the smoker with shaking knees. He came closer and closer causing me to go further back and before I knew it, I was up against the wall.

He stood right in front of me and tilted my chin up examining my face, "Indeed you are quite the beauty," he said as his lustful eyes trailed lower and lower, "and with quite the figure too," he added wrapping one arm around my waist.

An ice cold chill went down my spine as his slimy tongue swiped over his blood-stained lips. This was it, I was going to become infected and stuck with this absolute freak. I closed my eyes hoping he would get this over with fast and as painless as possible.

I gasped as he quickly pinned my arms and started licking my neck with his long tongue, "You're pretty tasty too," he said as his tongue slowly made its way lower.

I gulped as it started to slide under my hoodie, when suddenly a hand went straight through the smoker's chest, an inch from mine making me scream due to it being so sudden. Then I heard a terrifying growl say, "I'm gonna kill you..."

The smoker, now recovered from the surprise, smiled and started to laugh. He glanced over his shoulder and snarled back, "Hehehe.... You should've stayed sleeping!"

The smoker whipped around and punched Hunter straight in the stomach sending him flying into the wall.

"HUNTER!!" I cried out. I was about to go over to him, but the smoker shoved me to ground and shot me in the leg. I screamed in pain and held my leg as I stayed helpless and collapsed on the ground.

"You stay put!" he snapped at me.

I glared up at him with eyes burning with hatred for him. He let out a disappointed sigh and said, "If you're going to look at me like that, I might as well have you as a meal instead."

He pointed the gun to my forehead and just before he pulled the trigger, there was a loud screech causing him to lose focus and miss. Hunter jumped onto the smoker's back and started clawing at his neck trying to slice off the smoker's head. The smoker fell over and squirmed frantically under Hunter as he continued tearing him apart with his deadly claws.

After a few moments the smoker was lying on the ground dead, but Hunter still lashed out furiously at the dead corpse. Luckily, he blocked my view of the gory scene, but slowly I crawled behind him.

"Hunter..." I asked concerned and slowly he came to a stop.

Before I could even blink, he quickly whipped around and pulled me into a tight hug, "Thank god you're ok..." he muttered.

Tears started to roll down my cheeks and I hugged him back burying my face in his chest, "Thank you Hunter, thank you," I said in between sobs.

After a while, I pulled away and looked at his face, half hidden under his bangs and the shadow of his hood. I dried the rest of my tears and put my hand on his cheek. He held my hand there with his as I moved his bangs from his face with my other hand. I let myself get completely lost in his eyes and found that we were inching closer and closer to each other.

Quietly, I called out his name longingly under my breath, "Hunter...." as he wrapped his hand around my neck and pulled me into one long, bitter-sweet kiss.