Chapter 16

Just like Leo had predicted earlier, Hunter was back within a couple hours. He looked at me sympathetically, but then he turned his gaze onto Leo, which became deadly, "What were you guys talking about while I was gone?"Hunter asked.

Leo glanced at me briefly wondering if he should tell him, but instead I told him. I didn't even look up at Hunter and said one word, "Carmen."

I saw his body tense up from my peripheral vision when I said her name. As he stayed speechless, the less confident I became in his feelings for me. Why wouldn't he react like that when he heard my name? Would he be willing to murder his best friend for me? Will I ever be able to take her place in his heart? So many questions poured into my head which started to give me a headache.

"I'm going inside," I finally said.

"I-I'm going with you," Hunter said following me.

I didn't really care about it now, but I didn't acknowledge him either. All I said was "See you later Leo," and I waved goodbye to him.

"Aw! I don't get a hug?" Leo said teasingly holding out his arms.

I rolled my eyes as I went up to him and gave him a tight hug. I hugged him for a long time because I knew I might not see him again. Finally I heard Hunter growling so I slowly let go of Leo, "I hope to see you again!" I said smiling.

Leo smiled back, "Same here."

Quickly I stood on the tips of my toes and gave him a peck on the cheek. Once again I waved goodbye and went inside while Hunter followed behind muttering something to Leo that I couldn't hear then he slammed the door, "What was that?!" he snarled.

I continued down the hall, "Just saying goodbye that's all," I shrugged.

He slid past me and stood in my way, "No it wasn't."

I groaned and rubbed my forehead, "I really don't wanna deal with this now Hunter," I whined.

"I don't care. Do you like him or something?" he demanded.

I shrugged again, "Yeah..." I replied looking away.

Although I didn't actually like Leo that way, I believed Hunter deserved to feel what I was feeling as payback for stealing my heart when I couldn't have his.

"What?!" he snarled and immediately pinned me against the wall, "Are you kidding me?! After ALL we've been through, you suddenly like him now?!" he yelled at me.

"Shut up! I can like whoever I want! Besides I never even said I liked him that way! I only like him as a friend!" I yelled back.

"I don't care! I don't want you anywhere near him again!" he snapped slowly tightening his grip on my wrists.

Now I was irritated and completely blew up in his face, "Why?! So he can't save me when I'm in danger while you're banging another fucking slut?!"

Hunter froze and stopped cutting off the circulation to my hands. Crap, I definitely went too far on that one, "Wait I-I didn't mean that!" I tried explaining, but it was too late.

"You know what. Forget it." He let me go and shoved past me toward the door.

"Wait!" I screamed after him, but he didn't stop.

Quickly I ran up behind him and hugged him as tight as I could, "Don't leave me please!" I begged.

He stayed quiet for a moment, but then he said, "Why not?"

"B-because I didn't mean that! I was just jealous and heartbroken and frustrated and....." I went on and on just pouring my heart out to him even though he wouldn't even face me. Eventually my pleading turned into sobs as I cried on the back of his hoodie. Slowly I finally let him go so he could leave me yet again. He turned around and faced me now as I looked down waiting for him to reject me, but instead I felt him embrace me.

I stood there in his arms completely bewildered while he said, "You have no idea what you mean to me, I love you far more than anyone else."

He tilted my chin up and leaned down to kiss me. I instantly wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back. Due to his nature he ended up getting rough again, but now I didn't even care anymore. All I wanted and needed was him and him alone.

However though when he started to touch me in certain places, I flinched and he immediately stopped, "S-sorry. It was an accident," he said while scratching the back of his head nervously.

I looked away blushing a lot and merely said, "I don't mind."

He looked at me shocked, "Y-you don't?" he asked.

I shook my head, "But can we head back to the apartment now please?" I asked pointing behind me to the apartment door with my thumb.

I was looking down completely flushed and embarrassed. Why in the world did I just ask him that?! That's so embarrassing! I slowly looked up at him and he had the biggest grin of excitement on his face, "This is officially the best night of my life!" he exclaimed as he quickly scooped me up into his arms and ran straight to the apartment.

He gently set me down in the room, but before he closed the door behind him, he slipped a DO NOT DISTURB sign on the door knob.