Chapter 17

The next morning I woke up in the apartment bed, my head was spinning, my eyes burned from the sunlight, and I had a craving for meat. I looked down and saw that Hunter was sleeping next to me with his arms wrapped around me and his head was lying on my chest. I smiled at his cute sleeping face, but as I reached up to pet his head I noticed I had...claws?

I pulled my other out from under him and examined that hand too. At first I was about to panic, but then I remembered why this happened which made me blush a little. I looked around the apartment and it was a complete mess. The walls had claw marks everywhere, the couch was torn up, half of the bed sheets were ripped to shreds, and as I tilted my head up I noticed the wall behind the bed was scratched so much, it made a hole. What in the world happened last night?

Suddenly I noticed something else...where were my clothes? I saw Hunter's clothes trailing from the door to the bed, but the only clothes of mine were my hoodie and jeans. Where was my shirt? I continued to look around the room and finally I saw it, which was now completely demolished.

I sighed and growled under my breath, "Perfect."

Just then Hunter started moving and slowly sat up.  "Morning," he said smiling.

I smiled back, "Morning," I replied as I sat up and gave him a kiss, "You better have enjoyed last night because it cost me my shirt," I said teasingly as I pointed to the tattered white tank top on the couch.

He laughed and hugged me knocking me back down. "A small price to pay for my huntress," he snickered while rubbing his head against my shoulder.

I rolled my eyes and sat up again, "Still, now I have no shirt," I said as I pulled the blankets over my chest.

He sighed and scratched the back of his head as he looked around for a replacement I could use.

"I have an idea!" he finally said.  He tore one long strip of fabric from the bed sheet, "Turn around for me will you sweetheart?"

I smirked at him and turned around. He started wrapping the fabric around my chest. When he finished he tied a knot in the back, "There," he said.

I glanced down and shrugged, "It'll do."

He slipped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his lap, "You're welcome," he whispered.

I giggled and patted his cheek, "Thanks."

Just then there was a knocking on the door, "Hey Ruby! It's me!" Leo said as he opened the door.

Hunter quickly grabbed my knife sitting on the nightstand and chucked it at him, "GET OUT!" he screeched.

Luckily, Leo went back out the door before the knife reached him, "Sorry!" Leo called from behind the door.

"Shut up!" Hunter snarled back.

I patted his head, "Calm down it was only an accident," I said trying to calm him down.

He sighed and got out of bed, "He should learn some manners," he muttered.

I sighed and shook my head as I got out of bed as well to get dressed. When we were both dressed, I opened the door for Leo. When he saw me his eyes practically popped out of his head and he fell backwards. "WH-what happened?!" he asked.

I looked away embarrassed, "I really don't wanna talk about it."

He looked at me confused for a moment, but then his eyes got really big, "Wait...did you guys-?"

I flinched, "I said I don't wanna talk about it!" I snarled.

He looked at me slightly scared, "Have you had anything to...eat yet?" he asked concerned while reaching for his shotgun.

I had forgotten how hungry I was and having Leo nearby wasn't the best idea. I gulped and looked away from him, "I'll be fine," I told him trying to sound reassuring.

"I sure hope so," I heard him murmur.

Hunter walked out of the apartment and smiled when he saw me, but frowned at Leo. "What do you want?" he asked coldly.

Leo glared back at Hunter, "I was just leaving," he said through clenched teeth.

"Wait, why did you come here though?" I asked.

He held up a bag of chips, "I brought you some food, but I see that you've got something or someone else in mind to eat," he replied harshly.

Hunter growled back, "I suggest you leave before you become that meal."

Leo shoved past Hunter and left without another word. I couldn't help but feel bad, but why did he have to be so mean? Well I was his only friend after all...or was I something more to him.

I didn't think much about it, when suddenly Hunter pulled me from my thoughts, "Now, it's about time I taught you how to hunt," he said with a grin.