Chapter 2

As I drifted off into my memories I started having memories about my family. One memory I treasured was on my 12th birthday, my father got me a stylish black and silver watch and my mother got me a beautiful gold ring with a small heart on it made of diamonds and rubies.

Eventually, I found myself staring at my right hand; the hand that wore those priceless gifts. I looked at the watch to see if it was still ticking and it was. According to it, the time was 12:36. Next I checked to see if my ring still held each diamond and ruby jewel and each one was still there in its rightful place. Before I knew it, I was holding my right hand to my chest and crying over it. I missed my friends and family so much that it hurt more than anything.

Suddenly I heard a dreadful and fearful noise, growling. I slowly turned my head and looked out the door and standing outside the window enforced with steel was a ruthless and hungry hunter. It was dead silent for what seemed like eternity until something unheard of before happened, it spoke to me!

"Hello there...." he said in rasping and sarcastic tone. Even though it was dark I could still tell it was smiling devilishly as it spoke. I was shocked and terrified of it.

After I finally grasped the situation and absorbed the shock I replied as stiff as I could, "Get out of here...."

He chuckled at me and asked, "How about you let me inside instead?"

He must've thought I was stupid beyond belief! Why on earth would I do that unless I wanted to commit suicide?!

"Why should I?" I replied somewhat aggressive.

He tilted his head to the side and smiled wider showing all of his blood covered and razor-sharp teeth, "Well I'd like to see you of course!" he growled.

"Well go away!" I snapped.

"Very well, I shall wait for you then," he said somewhat cheerful now.

"I'll kill you first before you lay a single claw on me...” I threatened.

Quietly, he stepped closer to the door and more exposed to the light which came from a small light outside the door. As he approached the door I reached for my pistol, but then as I saw him my aggressive expression gradually turned into shock. He looked a lot like a normal human! His skin wasn't decomposing very much, he walked normally, and he wasn't insane like an average zombie.

What is this guy? I thought.