Chapter 3

He was looking at me somewhat confused, but as he got closer he suddenly stopped in his tracks and stared at me in disbelief. By now I was standing and pointing my pistol at him ready to shoot. Then out of nowhere, he burst into laughter! He laughed so loud and almost screaming, I practically jumped back 10 feet.

"WH-what's so funny?!" I exclaimed.

When he finally stopped laughing enough for him to talk, he said, "I thought you were a Witch being stubborn!"

I replied, "Why on earth would you think that?!"

He took a deep breath and explained how he thought I was a Witch crying, not an actual human. "I merely came to comfort you, but now..." he looked at me closely, "I have something else in mind," he grinned mischievously at me.

Irritated, I shot at him, but he somehow dodged all the bullets I shot at him.

"Hey! Stop shooting! I didn't mean I was going to eat you!" he screamed while dodging the bullets.

"How can I believe anything you say?! How do I know you won't kill me once I open that door?!" I screamed right back. Finally I ran out of bullets because I just HAD to be stubborn. "Awww man!" I whined. Now I only had a knife to defend myself.

"It seems you're out of bullets," he said.

Suddenly I heard a person calling out, "Hello?! Is anyone down there?!" The hunter immediately had a huge grin on his face and turned around heading toward the other person. I was about to yell back telling whoever it was to run away, but instead I took it as an opportunity to escape. Although I felt somewhat guilty, I quietly opened the door and ran down another alley. I looked back to see if he was following me and thankfully he wasn't, but as I looked straight forward again, I came to a complete stop.

Slouching at the end of the alley stood a smoker. I felt my entire body go numb and I couldn't move. I was terrified of smokers more than any other zombie. I practically stopped breathing as it wobbled closer to me with its long tongue hanging from its mouth.

Move! MOVE! C'mon you have to move! I screamed in my head.

But nothing moved except for the smoker now just a few feet in front of me. I thought for sure I was about to die. It opened its mouth and its tongue came straight toward me with great speed.

Suddenly I heard a loud screech and that hunter from before jumped out a window and right onto the smoker. He lashed out at the smoker with his sharp claws tearing it apart. When it was finally dead, I let out a sigh of relief and fell on my knees. Just as I was about to thank my rescuer, I realized it wasn't my rescuer at all. I merely had a new problem.

"You didn't think I was going to let you get away now did you?" he asked slightly growling.

In my state of fear, I didn't realize I had dropped my knife some distance away from me. As he stood up I tried crawling toward my knife, but then he let out a loud screech. I turned my head to see what happened, but before I even turned my head he had pounced toward me with claws extended and teeth bared. I closed my eyes and prayed my death would be fast and painless but all I could feel was being shoved into the concrete and my arms pinned down.

It was quiet for a moment as I felt him breathing down my neck as if he wanted me to feel the pain, but instead he whispered in my ear, "Open your eyes... I'm not going to kill you..."

I was about to reply when suddenly I felt a sharp pain in my arm.

"M-my arm!" I screamed trying to free my right arm. I had completely forgotten about that wound I had gotten earlier.

The hunter loosened his grip a little but he obviously wasn't going to let go. I glared up at him in frustration and asked, "If you're not going to kill me then what do you plan on doing instead?"

His bangs were covering his eyes and his face was expressionless so I couldn't tell if he was having second thoughts about killing me or not. Finally he said, "I'll give you two options, first option is I can infect you and make you my mate."

My eyes widened in shock, "Y-you're mate? Are you a pervert or something?!" I snapped.

He tightened his grip on my arm to shut me up and it worked. I flinched at the pain and bit down on my bottom lip so I would stay quiet. "Your second option is I will let you live and stay human, if you catch my prey for me."

I was even more shocked at that option. I couldn't kill someone! Especially if I weren't even a zombie! I couldn't imagine deceiving someone like that.

"And if I say neither?" I asked.

He leaned in close and growled, "Then I'll kill you... So what's your choice?"