13: i stopped watching orange is the new black to update this (be thankful)

The next morning, Mikey's head was like the morning after a tornado: the whole place wrecked, but not gone, and he knew he had to fix this all, put the pieces back together, and he knew it would be hard, and damn near even impossible, but he had little choice in it, and he knew that for certain as he glanced across his bedroom and saw Gerard curled up at the other end of his bed.

Gerard hadn't trusted him alone that night; Mikey wouldn't have trusted himself alone, but still he yearned for loneliness and a world with the pills and a night where everything made sense, but he had to face reality and more importantly, his brother.

Because Gerard had seen it all and still said nothing, and perhaps that was worse, because now as he slept, his mind was clicking away and making assumptions that meant very little, and still all too much, but would never adhere to the truth, and perhaps Mikey preferred it that way, but perhaps he didn't.

In fact, Mikey's head was in nowhere near the right place to be making assumptions, or any kind of decision for that matter, and he knew that as he lay there in bed, his eyes fixated upon the white ceiling, clear above, and the mess in his head that was simply nowhere near as clear.

He wanted out.

He wanted out of his own fucking head, and perhaps the pills and the ending could have accomplished that, but still, Mikey reckoned he didn't want to do that.

He didn't want to do that to boy curled up at the end of his bed, his brother who loved him so much, perhaps too much even; the brother who'd tried so hard time and time again, and the brother that was by no means perfect, but easily the best brother in the world.

And as he turned his attention away from Gerard, he realised that he didn't want the same for Pete either, who was all smiles and promises he kept, and stupid ideas, and the capability to make Mikey smile like an idiot regardless of the circumstances. Pete was the worst person in the world, and the absolute best person at the same time, but regardless as to where he stood in Mikey's head, Mikey knew that he absolutely needed Pete.

And he needed Gerard.

And his mother, and Frank, and everyone else that had even mattered for just a moment.

And like that, motivation came, and Mikey Way sat up in bed, and somehow, the world managed to present itself so differently from this angle, because it was so less white ceiling and simplicities that Mikey was little but jealous of, and so much more sunlight, and familiar walls, and a familiar room, and a familiar room.

He glanced between his cellphone and his brother; he glanced between Pete and Gerard, and a decision couldn't be made, but it had to be, and after all, he could only tell Gerard that he was awake, whereas Pete needed to know that he was alive.

And fuck.

Fuck, what must Pete have thought?

God, Mikey's mind certainly didn't work well in that state at all, and perhaps that was his biggest flaw, and god, he wasn't even glancing much at Pete's other messages, simply typing out a quick:

'I'm sorry, I'm okay, I got fucked up but I'm fine now.'

And putting his phone back down, before turning to Gerard and wondering where they could possibly start, because they had to, and they would, start somewhere, and Mikey was all nerves and false assumptions that Gerard could do little about when he lay there asleep and unaware.

And he'd have to break this tension in his head soon enough, but he didn't quite have the courage, and after all, Gerard looked so peaceful sleeping, and he wouldn't be anywhere near as peaceful once he was thrown back into the awful reality of what his brother was about to do last night.