19: Things Get Gayer Still

"So are you boyfriends now?" Gerard asked, perhaps all too casually for Mikey's liking: the younger of the two brothers, finding himself constantly on edge in regards to the subject, and well, perhaps, everything - perhaps that was just Mikey, perhaps that would just always be how he was.

"Huh?" Gerard continued to ask as Mikey seemed to make a point of ignoring his question, perhaps attempting to pretend as if he'd never heard it in the first place; Gerard wasn't going to let him get away quite that easily though. "Come on, Mikey, yes or no? Whatever, just talk to me, will you? Are you pissed at me or something?"

He let out a sigh, shaking his head, "no, Gerard, I'm not pissed at you, I'm just..." He trailed off, glancing down at his bedroom floor, "I don't know actually, I don't know."

"You don't know if you're boyfriends or not, or you don't know if you're pissed at me or not?" Gerard asked, raising his eyebrows, pulling his knees up to his chest, and making it apparent that he was in no rush to get up off his brother's bed, which he was sat on, or get out of his brother's room, which he had 'invaded' just a few minutes prior, much to Mikey's dislike.

"I don't know!" Mikey exclaimed, sitting down on the bed besides his brother, and reaching under the bed for a packet of cigarettes, which he'd put just a little too much effort into hiding from Gerard to just whip out in front of him, but right now, Mikey was prepared to do anything just to get this asshole he had for a brother to shut the fuck up.

"Just talk, talk to me, Mikey.." Gerard trailed off, watching as his brother put a cigarette between his lips and began to light it, "give me a cigarette too." He added, pushing his luck with an odd, hopeful smile.

Mikey rolled his eyes, and passed the packet and his lighter to the nineteen year old. "I'm really hungover." Mikey announced, gaining quite the eyebrow raise from Gerard.

"How come?" He asked, putting the cigarette between his lips and clicking the lighter as he waited for Mikey's response.

"Got drunk last night." Mikey shrugged it off: stating the obvious.

"Yeah I'd gathered that by now." Gerard let out a sigh: words muffled by the cigarette between his lips, and spoken from the corner of his mouth, "but what happened last night? Just talk to me."

"Went out." Mikey shrugged it off, once again, "just some people, some alcohol, something to get my head clear, get my stomach clear: of fucking butterflies that is - Pete's fault. He's so nice, just fucking nice and cute, you know?"

"I know enough about cute boys to last me a life time, trust me, Mikeyway." Gerard slipped into a grin, holding his cigarette absent-mindedly in his hand, gesturing wildly as he spoke, somehow invigorated instantly by just the mention of cute boys, fucking Gerard Way, what a big gay.

"Yeah, I gathered." Mikey let out a sigh, "Frank is kinda cute, not that I'm gonna steal your boyfriend, just yeah, Bert looks like he's always been punched in the face though."

"Usually because he has." Gerard shrugged that comment off, because it was mostly true, and Gerard knew that first-hand. "He's an asshole - gets what he's given."

"Oh, so you're no longer in denial of Bert McCrackheadassholeface-"

"Don't be such a prick about it, Mikey, he's got a lot of shit to deal with, he's just going to have to deal with it, without me being his boyfriend, or even his friend, because... that's not for me anymore." Gerard smiled, and Mikey was perhaps more proud of his brother in that moment than he'd ever been more proud of anyone.

"So yeah, I got drunk, because Pete Wentz is ruining my life, because I like him, so much, too much, and I'm a mess, and everything's just... perfect, with him, like in the moment, but I come down from the highs and I have to drown everything out in fucking cheap ass nasty vodka-"