14: Threesomes Solve Everything!

She knew it was just sex, and strictly so, but somehow that didn't seem to make the situation any better at all, not that Lindsey had really expected it to, because she knew all too well that Gerard had feelings for Jimmy, and she knew all too well that she was fucking him over, in quite a literal sense, as she sat in bed with Jimmy in the aftermath of what she'd done.

Jimmy didn't seem very fussed by the whole ordeal, leaning over to the bedside table and lighting a joint, as if there was nothing wrong with this, not that there would be, in his mind, that was. Lindsey knew far too much about Jimmy Urine for her own liking, but evidently not enough, because she still found herself in his bed, even after all these fucking years, even after she reckoned she'd sorted this mess of hers out.

"You want a smoke?" Jimmy asked, gesturing towards the bag of weed on his bedside table, "pot, I mean, but whatever, I have cigs too. I have a lot of other drugs too - you can have anything you want, Lindsey."

"I want you to shut the fuck up." She snapped, turning away, and biting her lip, because fuck, fuck, fuck.

"Babe... what's wrong?" He let out a sigh, moving in the sheets to sit beside her, and again offering her his joint - this time she accepted, because fuck it.

"You're wrong, this is wrong: I feel guilty, because apparently, unlike you, I actually give a fuck about Gerard and how he's going to feel about this-"

"He doesn't have to know, and what he doesn't know can't hurt him, can it?" Jimmy grinned, taking his joint back, but Lindsey simply shook her head in response.

"It can, because he will find out. Gerard's not stupid... stupid enough to sleep with you, but not stupid enough to keep doing it, or at least I hope not, for his own sake, that is." She let out a sigh, meeting Jimmy's gaze in something like defeat.

"And you are?" He raised his eyebrows at that.

"It seems so."

"I wouldn't call you stupid, Lindsey." He added, and he did actually seem to mean it for once, which seemed to shock the both of them, "I'm just irresistible, but, yeah, this was probably a bad decision on your part, because you get too attached and I don't do commitment, and I prefer guys to girls, and Gerard has a prettier ass than you, I'm sorry, but it's true."

"I know," Lindsey let out a sigh, "I've seen his ass - me and Gerard have fucked."

"I see a very simple conclusion to this mess, you know?" Jimmy's face fell into a grin - the kind of grin that made Lindsey want to punch him in the face instantaneously, but with Jimmy Urine, that was the only kind of grin.

"Yeah?" Lindsey seemed apprehensive and she had plenty reason to be.

"Threesome. Threesomes solve everything! We have a threesome: you, me, Gerard, and then we can all love each other, and it'll be great!" And Jimmy just sounded far too much like he wasn't joking for Lindsey's liking, or sanity, for that matter.

"Yeah, I'd rather not. Jimmy you're just getting in the way here: Gerard has Frank, and I'm pretty sure that they're going to get back together soon, and Frank's like three feet tall but he will punch you in the face if you make a move on Gerard... Frank kind of loves him, even, I reckon, but I don't know recently, because he went off with Jamia who's like the epitome of hatred and depression in the universe, like I don't even know if she physically possesses the capacity to smile anymore, and like... we used to be best friends, and then... I don't even know what happened really, but there was one hell of a mess of an argument and now she hates my guts."

"Isn't that just what girls do on a regular basis?" Jimmy asked, raising his eyebrows.

"Don't be a sexist asshole, Jimmy, you're already an asshole, you don't want to be a sexist one too." Lindsey let out a sigh, and dragged her gaze away from the fuckboy beside her. "Why the fuck do I keep sleeping with assholes?"