Ch. 1: Avoidance

In the front of the Owl House, it was a rare moment where there was no clean up of the Isles, and Eda and Luz were making the most of it, putting their new abilities to the test.

"You're hair maybe black, but you're still old." Luz said.

Luz snapped her fingers, removing her human form and becoming her hybrid form, which had ultimately become her default form. She took her hat by the brim and bowed to Eda. Eda just smirked.

"Sure, I'm no spring chicken like you." Eda said as she raised her missing arm, "But I've got my own surprises."

A black arm formed in place of the missing one.

"And they say being corrupt is only for Politicians." Eda quipped.

Luz couldn't reply as her jaw dropped at what she just saw

Luz couldn't reply as her jaw dropped at what she just saw. Her mentor/second mother figure, just grew her arm back somehow! So many questions ran through her mind as she just watched Eda summon Owlbert to her new hand.

"You like it?" Eda asked, showing off her now hand. LI've been waiting a month to surprise you with this!"

"Wait, this happened during the fight with Belos!?" Luz asked.

"Yes, did I never tell you about that?" Eda asked, spinning Owlbert in her dark hand.

"NO!" Luz screamed as Stringbean came out from under her hat.

"I guess you know how I feel when you didn't tell me about drinking the Titan's blood." Eda said.

"I tried but everything got in the way!" Luz shouted.

"And I put this on your shoulder." Eda said, gesturing to her new hand.

"I was very distracted that day!" Luz said.

"I mean, it was right in front of you." Eda said.

"Eda, I am warning you! Do not make me mad!" Luz shouted, hating how Eda was egging this on.

"I'm just saying, as smart as you are, you're not very observant." Eda said with a shrug, grinning.

"THAT'S IT! STRINGBEAN!" Luz shouted as she held out her hand, allowing the purple palisman to transform into a staff!

"Well, guess we both know what is about to happen." Eda said.

Luz charged and so did Eda. Purple magic followed Luz, while black magic followed Eda. The teen Titan jumped into the air and drew a spell circle, firing a ball of flames at Eda!

Eda smiled as Owlbert began to glow black. She spun her staff and made a black circle. The fire turned black and crumbled to the ground. Eda then pointed her normal arm at Luz and made a black spell circle, blasting black fire at Luz, knocking her down.

"WHOOOOA!" Luz screamed before using Stringbean to fly in the air. "How did-"

"I do magic even when my curse took it away?" Eda asked with a head shake. "Oh, Luz, you see, the owl beast and I had a chat a while ago and now... I have a new form of magic. I call it "Corruption magic." Any spell thrown at me I can destroy, and I can make my own corrupted spells."