Ch. 31: The Storm

In Bonesborough, Tracey was still holding back Grom's tentacles while saving everyone she could. Her skill with Goose Willis was uncommonly strong, like she was born with plant magic and using it like a professional or a coven head.

"You don't scare me, you slimy bitch!" Tracey shouted at the beast.

Tracey dodged a tentacle swing before flying into the air. Swing another swing, Tracey created multiple rings and fire thousands of briar spikes at the black mass! Dozens of which, cut many of the fear pods holding people inside and cutting off Grom's strength.

"Ugh." One groaned, falling to the ground. "M-my head".

He groaned as he slowly got up, looking around and remembering all the chaos!

"Run to safety!" Tracey shouted, flying to dodge Grom and draw its attention. "Help anyone along the way! Go!"

Though afraid, the witch nodded as he rushed up and helped two other people up before they ran away.

Another tendril was about to hit Tracey from behind, when Masha got in the way and blocked it with their staff.

"We need to find a way to stop this!" They said.

"If we can get Grom back into the area under the school, we may be able to seal it away!" Vee said on the ground before draining magic from several tendrils.

"I thought I told you guys to go!" Tracey said to her cousin.

"And let you have all the fun?! Get real!" Masha shouted before drawing a spell circle and unleashing a giant fire ball on incoming tentacles!

"We've stuck by you this far, we aren't going to leave you when you're in a fight!" Vee said.

Vee saw more tentacles coming towards her, shapeshifting her legs into frog legs and jumping high into the air! The tentacles follows as Vee dodged one, sucking the magic from it and jumping off to another.

'Is this what wall jumping is like in video games?!' Vee thought.

She suddenly wondered how video game characters didn't get dizzy.

She was so dizzy, a tentacle almost grabbed her before Masha flew by on their staff and caught her.

"I love you but you're a bit of a scatter brain right now!" Masha said, holding Vee in their lap.

"I'm a Noceda, it's what we're known for!" Vee said.

"Enough lovingly bickering! Focus on the nightmare beast!" Tracey shouted, pulling out some glyphs she had on hand.

She pushed and threw it but it wasn't a plant glyph she threw. It was a light glyph, turning into a ball of green light before exploding in a bright flash to make Grom screen in pain as its tentacles pulled back!

"You know the other glyphs?" Vee asked, looking at Tracey.

"Yeah! Just because I like using plants more, doesn't mean I didn't use the others!" Tracey said back, holding up her remaining glyphs. "Now you said that we can seal this thing off?"

"Yes! We just need to push it back to Hexside!" Vee said, pointing towards the school.

"Then let's do this!" Masha said with a grin, looking at their palisman. "I wanna see how strong Foxy really is!"

"I might have an idea." Tracey said before flying down to Grom. "Follow me!"

As they went about their plan to seal Grom, the Titan Squad was already on the attack as Odalia was kicked down the grudgby field, flipping through the air as Hunter teleported ahead of her.