Ch. 13: Family Surprises

As this was going on in the demon realm, in the Human Realm, Vee and Masha were walking to Vee's house, still very confused on everything. From Tracey knowing about glyphs, to being able to use them in the human realm, to Camila growing stronger, it was crazy!

"So, how are you going to explain this to your mom?" Masha asked Vee.

"I don't know. Mom seems to like the positives to having magic but if she finds out about this, she might blame herself for it." Vee said as they arrived at the house. "Not to mention that we still have to find out where Tracey went."

Opening the door, the two walked into the living room and saw that Camila was letting her wings stretch out.

Whenever Camila was home, she liked let her wings out go stretch, or go out for a flight in the middle of the night. It was an incredible way to see the world.

"Mom?" Vee asked.

Camila turned around and smiled.

"Hello, Vee, how was your day?" She asked.

"It was good. Nothing to complain about." Vee said as Masha gave her a look, making her flinch. "B-But something MAY have come up that could be a bit concerning."

"Really? What is it?" Camila asked as she stood up but kept her wings out.

"So, you know how Luz has glyphs?" Vee asked.

"Why of course. They're the langue of the Titan and I still remember them from when Luz taught them to me." Camila said, reaching into her pocket and pulling out a little black book. "I even keep notes on them just in case."

"Wait, so you've been using them here?" Masha asked.

"Well, only here and there." Camila said as she put her notebook away. "Why?"

"Well, since you mention that, I DOES make what I'm about to say easier." Vee said, chuckling nervously.

"Make what easier? Vee, did something happen?" Camila asked her daughter.

"You could say that." Vee said, glancing away as she rubbed her arm.

Camila was confused by Vee's wording as she looked to the more blunt person of the couple.

"Masha, can you explain?" Camila asked.

"Well, it would seem... that someone else has learned how to use glyphs." Masha said, holding her hands together.

"WHAT?!" Camila shouted as her wings shot out, knocking over a vase. "HOW?!"

"H-h-have you noticed anything happening with you?" Vee asked, tapping her fingers together, "Like, do you feel like you're getting stronger or something?"

"Stronger? Like physically or magically?" Camila asked, slowly folding her wings in.

"More so the magic part." Masha said.

"I mean... I guess when I use a glyph, it is more powerful." Camila said, rubbing her chin.

"Define that please." Masha said.

"Well....i used a light glyph to check the attic after the bulb went out and instead of a baseball light, it grew to the size of a basketball." Camila said, making the size gestures with her hands.

"Okay, that explains why glyphs are able to be used outside of Luz being here." Vee said.

"But that also brings up more problems if Tracey shared the glyphs with anyone else." Masha said.

"Tracey? That cheerleader girl that looks sort of like Amity?" Camila asked in shock.

"Yeah, her." Vee said, with a nod. "She used a plant glyph."