Ch. 10: Monstrous Fluff

When she comes to again, Lilith picked herself off the ground and looked around.

"What the hex?" She muttered.

Lilith looked like she was still in the owl house but everyone was monochrome and she was alone in the den. Yet the cookies were still on the coffee table, untouched aside from the one she bit into.

'I'm going to have to talk with Hootcifer on his baking skills and recipes.' Lilith thought.

She then heard something in the halls.

"Uh!" Lilith let out, jolting in alert as she looked around for the source. "What was that?"

It sounded like a rabid beast, something Lilith could only assume was the owl beast but she had never seen it before. Or at least she doesn't remember seeing it before now.

'Where is it? Where is it?' She thought before hearing a screech and growing more fearful.

Lilith slowly began to walk around while shaking in fear, trying to be brave as she looked around for the beast that might be hunting her.

"Grrrr." A growl was heard behind her, making her prediction come true as Lilith turned and saw a giant beast standing above her.

"AAAAAH!" Lilith screamed!

"ROOOOOOOOOH!" The beast screeched as its red eyes flashed at Lilith.

Lilith turned around and ran as fast as she could, leaving the owl house as the owl beast chased after her!

She kept running, until she found herself in a familiar home, standing in front of a familiar door, with a familiar scroll in her hands.

"What? But wasn't I-?" Lilith stoped talking as she grabbed her throat, her voice higher than it was a moment ago.

'My voice, this place; it can't be!' Lilith thought in shock as the door opened itself.

There she saw, it was Eda, sleeping peacefully with out a care in the world, as Lilith walked in.

"No, not this moment! Please, I can't do this!" Lilith said, taking a step back and looking at the scroll. "I never should've bought this! All of this could've been avoided if I wasn't so jealous!"

She felt herself open it, completely out of her control.

"No! What are doing?! Stop!" Lilith said, appearing behind her younger as an adult.

She reached out and pulled her younger self back before a red flash consumed the room.

The next thing she knew was she was on the Grudgby field, hearing Eda groan in pain, becoming the Owl Beast for the first time.

The crowd was jeering at Eda, throwing rocks and other garbage at her as she whimpered and ran away!

"Eda, wait!" Young Lilith shouted before her hand was grabbed.

"We have a winner!" A coven scout shouted, holding Lilith's right arm up.

"Let her go, you fool! She needs to go after Edalyn!" Lilith shouted, running and pulling them part.

It didn't do anything, as she couldn't change the memory but this time, Lilith decided that she would run after young Eda.

"EDA!" Lilith shouted.

The beast of her "little" sister didn't listen as she kept running through the woods. Lilith ran after her faster, pushing past branched and bushed before she found herself alone at a cliff.

"AAAAH!" Lilith screamed as she stopped and fell on her ass before she could go over the edge. "Huh huh huh huh huh."

'That was too close!' She thought as she picked herself up but noticed that she was not in her normal form anymore.

No, Lilith was now in her Raven Beast form.

"What?" Lilith said in shock, looking over herself. "When did I-"

"Ahahahahahahahaha!" Someone laughed, making Lilith shiver in fear.

"W-w-what, who's-" Lilith was shut up as she was suddenly caught in a net.

Lilith turned around and saw a strange person in a hood, walking towards her with only a crescent moon showing under the hood!

"C-C-Collector?!" Lilith asked in shock.

"I have you now, beast." The cloaked figure said.

This was not the Collector, his voice was deeper and more intimidating, giving off a great sense of danger! Lilith had to her away, unfurling her wings and trying to fly away while still caught in the net!

Suddenly, her wings were burning away and Lilith screamed as she plunged into the water below, dissolving in the boiling sea before washing up on the beach in her normal form.

"Ugh." Lilith groan, opening her eyes and gazing at the gray beach.

She saw a random demon with a "metal" detector and a bag in his back, looking for items to collect and sell before stumbling upon the owl beast/curse scroll.

"That's... that's where it came from." Lilith said, before seeing a red string tied to her leg.

Following it, Lilith saw a small black creature that looked similar to her when she was the raven beast laying in the sand and breathing heavily.

'Is it that really the owl beast? Or is it a that was created when I shared the curse?' Lilith thought, confused and curious as she slowly crawled towards it.

The tiny raven beast saw Lilith and growled at her, unable to move as it too washed up in the beach.

"It....It's okay. I promise, I won't hurt you." Lilith said softly.

Lilith reached her hand out to touch it, but it growled.

She flinched backs but before reaching out again, caressing its feathers.

"I promise, I'm not going to hurt you." Lilith said before looking down sadly. "No more than I already have when I put you inside my sister."

The "Raven" beast whined a bit, giving into her soothing caressing and embrace.

"It's funny really." Lilith said, slowly picking up the tiny beast and holding it close to her chest. "I tried everything I could to get Eda cured... and in the end, we're both bonded with you for life."

"Grr." The raven beast growls in a good way, enjoying Lilith's warmth.

They stayed like this for a minute before something washed up on the shore in front of them, a bottle of anti curse elixir. Lilith grabbed it and looked at it.

"We're in this together, you and I, and while I may have seen you as a disease... would you be willing to give me a second chance?" Lilith asked the raven beast.

The raven beast just sniffed the bottle, curious about it because it never tasted it.

"Hehehehe, here. Let me help." Lilith said, opening the bottle and holding it towards its beak.

Like a newborn baby, the raven beast drank a bit from the bottle before pulling away. Purring as it falls asleep in Lilith's safe embrace.

"Why would anyone ever be horrified by something so cute and innocent?" Lilith asked, before looking at the sky and closing her eyes.

Lilith and the raven beast enjoyed the peace as the stars slowly shined brighter, consuming them in its warmth.

The died down and Lilith could see that she was back in the Owl House.

"Mmm, that was...an experience but I feel refreshed." Lilith said as she looked up, seeing her family looking down at her. "How long was I out?"

"A few minutes...." Dell said with a distant expression on his face.

"That long? Was it that short with you, Edalyn?" Lilith asked, moving to stand up and stand OVER her parents?

"Damn." Eda said, smirking as she looked UP to her BIG sister, "You're welcome, Lily."

Lilith looked confused before gazing at her hands, seeing they were bigger and covered in red and black feather/furry!

'I-I did it?' She thought, glancing quickly as the reflective glass of Eda's old wanted poster!

There she saw it... she became a furry... and she was proud of it.