Ch. 6: Finding the Melody

Elsewhere, Boscha and Amelia were walking while holding hands.

"You think Skara is okay?" Amelia asked.

"I hope she is. She hasn't been answering our calls since she ran off." Boscha said with a frown.

"Maybe we should go check her house?" Amelia suggested.

"Maybe, she could be there." Boscha said, "But she could also be helping her favorite stores."

"Good point, how about you check the market, I'll go check her house."

"Sounds good." Boscha said before she kissed her cheek, "Good luck, Honey."

Amelia kissed Boscha's third eye.

"Good luck to you two, sweetheart." Amelia said back.

The witch couple pulled apart and went off to their separate destinations. The pink skinned triclops heading to the market place while the taller plant girl heading to Skara's home.

Boscha summoned her staff and flew to the market area, still very damaged, but up enough to have a good number of stalls opened up.

"Well, time to look around and see if I could find Skara." Boscha said as she landed and began walking around, searching the stalls that Skara might frequent even if most were destroyed.

First place was Skara's favorite, it made instruments and she volunteered there before.

"Hello, ma'am. How may I help you?" the stand owner asked.

"I'm looking for someone named Skara, have you seen her recently?" Boscha asked him.

"Skara? I haven't seen her since before the Day of Unity." The shop keep asked, "Is she okay? She's my number one customer and a great help."

"That's what I'm trying to find out, she just kind of booked it a few minutes ago, I'm trying to see if she's okay." Boscha said to her.

"Well, I haven't seen her I'm afraid." The shop keeper said.

"Well, thanks anyway." Boscha replied.

'Okay, so not there. Maybe her favorite dessert place. Skara usually goes there when she's happy or sad, so she should be there.' Boscha thought, heading to hopefully see the Baking Coven's bakery stand.

She landed and went inside. Even if she wasn't there... picking her up a couple of her favorites could help her when they do find her.

"Welcome to the Titan Delight Bakery, how may I help you?" The baker asked Boscha.

'I can tell they renamed this place after Luz.' Boscha thought but didn't say it, considering Luz was a literal god.

"You know of Skara, right? Bard, has silver hair, has a cricket staff." Boscha said, "I'm looking for her."

"Skara? Oh yes, she was just here! Ordered her usual shortcake but she looked upset and in a rush." The baker said, looking concerned. "I tried to ask why but she didn't say. She just gave me the money and took the cake. She always tells me a bit of her woes before leaving."

"Do you know where she went?" Boscha asked.

"I believe she headed towards one of the stalls at the south end of the market."

"Thanks!" Boscha said with a grin before pulling out a sack of snails. "Also, give me a couple of sweets!"

Boscha walked out of the stall with her bag of cookies.

"Mmm, I see why Skara goes here." Boscha said biting into a cookie.

'I should bring Amelia here, she would love this place.' Boscha thought, heading towards the stalls at the south end of the market.

Hopefully these sweet treats weren't the only good thing Boscha would find today.

In another part of the Isles, Amelia is flying towards Skara's house on her staff, which was topped with a woodpecker palisman.

"I don't like how Skara was acting, Woody." Amelia said, "I may have had wood for brains for a few months, but I'm smart enough to know that the confident and smart girl that Skara is would never run away like that. It's just not her."

Woody let out a chirp, which made Amelia roll her eyes.

"No, I am not doing this because I want to see Skara and Cat get together." Amelia said, "That's something they need to work out themselves, which makes me more concerned that she ran from Cat."

She felt her scroll ping and stopped her staff to look at it for a second.

"It's from Boscha." Amelia said, "She's not at the market, but was a few minutes ago."

Amelia texted back.

-I'm almost at her house, I'll let you know what I find.-

Amelia was about to put her scroll away, when she sent another message.

-You better save me one of those cookies.-

She put her scroll away and flew to Skara's house. She let Woody going into his living form and he flew and landed on her shoulder.

'If you peck me like when you first found me as a puppet, I'm putting you in your bird cage.' Amelia thought to her palisman.

Amelia knocked on the door, only for nothing to happen.

"Huh, usually her mom answers the door." Amelia said, curious

Knocking again, Amelia waited for another few moments but got no answer before she grabbed the knob and turned, opening the door herself.

She looked around and saw the place covered in dust and webs.

"This isn't normal." Amelia said, "I know there hasn't been anyone here for at least three months, but surely Mrs. Melody would start cleaning again when she got home."

Amelia knew this wasn't good, because Skara's mom was a neat freak, she even had a rule that you weren't allowed to wear shoes in the house, even if they were right out of the box.

This made Amelia more worried as she continued to look around for Skara's parents.

"I don't like this, this is very- ACK!"

Amelia walked face first into a spider web. Amelia reached up and removed the web.

"I'm really don't like spiders either." Amelia said, checking herself to see if she has one on her, "Stupid Arachnophobia."

She came upon a large door with a heavy lock on it. She was confused by it, what needed that big of a lock on it? She reached for it, using her magic to make a wooden key. She went to grab the lock, right as a spider crawled on it. Amelia let out a loud scream at seeing it. She suddenly felt something touch the back of her neck and she turned around, seeing Skara, holding her staff, looking very angry.

"Get... out." Skara warned.

"Skara, w-w-what is-"

"GET OUT!" Skara yelled, using her magic and making Amelia float in the air.

She made Amelia fly out of the house and land on the ground with a thud. Amelia's staff was thrown out and landed on her head.

"Ow." She said.

Skara slammed the door shut and locked it. Amelia picked herself up and dusted herself off. She summoned her scroll and called Boscha.

"Hey, I found Skara, and I there's a lot to talk about." She said, walking away from the house, "Meet me at my house."