Ch. 19: Calling for Help

In another part of the woods, the Hexsquad... they should get shirts made... landed in the area where Odalia was last seen.

"You last saw the person here?" Luz asked, "And then they just... teleported away?"

"Exactly. We saw them walk by and then vanish before our eyes." Gus said to Luz.

Luz kneeled on the ground and touched the spot... then stopped when she remembers that she doesn't have any way to feel magic, her fingers are made of bone.

"Okay, hold on, I'm switching to my human form for a minute." Luz said, as she was engulfed in a ball of blue fire.

The fire burned up after a second, revealing the now Human (Looking at least) Luz.

The only thing that had not changed was that her eyes were still black and golden, something she could switch off anytime she wanted but chose not to this time.

"Alright, let's see." Luz said, touching the spot again.

This time she felt a strong feeling of magic in the dirt.

"Hmm, this wasn't done using natural magic, this was done using an enhancement potion." Luz said, sniffing the air, "Seems like this goes all the way to the other side of the Isles, it's very strong, I can smell it from here, but it's too faint to get a proper trail."

"So what do we do?" Willow asked.

"Hmmm, either we follow the faint trail as far as it goes or we get a beast to help fond it better than we can." Luz said to the group. "And we better make a decision soon, because the longer we wait the more the trail will disappear."

Hunter rubbed his chin, trying to think of an idea or of the best beast that could help them.

"Wait, I think I know who can help us!" Hunter said with a grin. "The former Beast Keeping Coven head, Eberwolf!"

"Great... and we can reach them how?" Amity asked as everyone looked at him.

"I'll call Darius. He and them are good friends." Hunter said, pulling out his scroll.

"And you have Darius's number because?" Amity asked again.

"He's the closest thing I have to a positive father figure." Hunter said, still smiling as he typed the number.

He remember when he told Darius that, he blocked his face with a newspaper, so Hunter wouldn't see him cry.

He waited for a few moments as the scroll rang and Hunter put it on speaker.

"Are you sure he'll pick up?" Gus asked.

"Totally." Hunter said with confidence.

The ringing stopped as Darius spoke from the scroll.

"Hello, Hunter." Darius said.

"Hey, Darius. Listen, do you think you can send Eberwolf? We have a lead on the person that mutilated Cat." Hunter said, getting to the point

"That woman? I'll connect them right away. Hang out a moment." Darius said.

The group waited, with Luz looking at her foot.

"Toes are weird." She said, being so used to her Titan feet.

Two large boney toed feet were completely different from five toes in two feet. It felt so foreign to Luz now after spending so much time in her hybrid form.

Her hybrid form is really now just her normal form, she's used it more in the past month than her human form.

"Luz, can you keep your foot fetish to yourself?" Willow joked.