Ch. 14: The Perfect Marriage

In the Demon Realm, Eda was stunned, and hasn't spoken in a while.

"Well? Not going to say anything?" Raine asked with a grin.

"You... and me?" Eda asked.

"Where did you think the rings on our fingers came from?" Raine asked.

"What ring?" Eda asked as she looked at both hands.

Suddenly, Eda noticed a new ring on her finger that wasn't there before.

'I'm not even going to ask how that got there.' She thought, looking at her right hand.

The ring was on a silver band with the jewel itself being like a fusion of an emerald and a ruby, making it half green and half red. Literally.

"Okay, moving on, we have to talk about this... and our honeymoon I guess." Eda said.

"I know dear, I know. Now, can someone please fill me in on the situation?" Raine asked, looking at Luz.

"I too would like to know." Lilith said, still in her harpy form.

"Well, I have two more names to add to the list of Day of Unity victims." Eda said.

"Oh my!" Lilith said, covering her mouth.

"That is very grim, who are they?" Raine asked.

"The Melody parents." Eda said, gesturing to the mansion.

"I'll explain it as we go, just... follow me." Eda said.

The trio walked into the house and down to the cold basement. They stopped in front of the coffins. Lilith looked at Eda and Raine, who took a step back, they sure as hell weren't going to open it.

'Fucking pussies.' Lilith thought, before opening it the coffin.

Eda leaned over and whispered into her spouses ear.

"Fun fact, she's still in Harpy mode, which gives you a stronger sense of smell."

Lilith opened the coffins and the smell made her gag. She actually moved away from the coffins and threw up.

"Oh my." Raine said as Eda laughed at her sister.

"Ahahahahahahaha! How's that smell, Lily?" Eda asked with a small snort.

"Oh Titan, help me. That is the foulest stench I have ever smelt, even worse than Edalyn's childhood stink bomb prank." Lilith said before vomiting again.

Lilith returned to her witch form, feeling much better now.

"O-o-okay... we have a lot to talk about." Lilith said, "Can we do that upstairs?"

The trio walked upstairs and began talking. There was a lot that had to happen. One, Skara was part of a wealthy family, and being the only living member of that family means that's her fortune now and had to get transferred into her name. Two, her parent's funeral and will reading needed to happen. Three, who will watch over Skara, as she can't legally be independent until she turns 18.

"We need to find a temporary home to watch her." Lilith said, "As you know the adoption process is... undesirable, but it's needed and-"

"Hold on Lily." Eda said, "I've been thinking a bit and... I want to adopt her."

"What?" Lilith and Raine asked.

"Edalyn, are you sure about this?" Lilith asked.

"That girl just went through so much pain and suffering the past few months... being into a temp home, getting passed around and making it seem like no one wants her... that will only create more problems." Eda said, "If I can help her, even by just eliminating this stress... I don't want to help her, Lilith... I NEED to help her."

Lilith had rarely seen Eda act like this, but then it clicked... when Eda was cursed, she effectively became an outcast, Eda knows what it's like to lose everything, to feel unwanted, and unloved... she sees herself in Skara, just like how she does in Luz and King. Lilith looked over at Raine, to see what They think. Raine gave a small nod, nonverbally telling Lilith to begin this.

"Okay, then I have a bit of work to do." Lilith said, "Please get a room for her cleared out in your house, I'll be over in a few days with the adoption papers and the papers needed to transfer her family fortune to your accounts."

Lilith stood up and looked at Eda.

"I'm proud of you for doing this." Lilith said, "Guess Edalyn Clawthorne-Whispers is a very family oriented woman."

"I hyphenated?" Eda asked.

Instead of answering, Lilith left the manor and left the married couple alone.

"Should we go tell Skara?" Raine asked.

"No, let her sleep, it's been a long day." Eda said, "So... married, huh?"

"Yeah... corruption magic, huh?" Raine asked, smirking a little, "You always were crazy, but I never thought you would pull something like that off."

"I surprised myself too but I'm not complaining. I get to use my magic again but in a new way, I can also corrupt and block other spells then add them to my arsenal." Eda said with a grin.

"Like a spell thief? Not the most surprising from you since you're a master thief." Raine said with a chuckle.

"Yeah, well, I stole your heart didn't I?" Eda asked.

"Well, technically I couldn't move or object, so if anything I was forced into this marriage." Raine said with a shrug.

"Okay, I'll take the ring back-"

"Fuck no, this is mine!" Raine said, holding the hand with the ring on it.

Eda laughed at Raine for their outburst But was flattered and relieved that Raine didn't want to break their untraditional marriage.

So, onto the next conversation... where are we having our honeymoon?" Eda asked.

"As someone that spent their life on the Knee... not anywhere cold." Raine said, looking blank and straight faced.

Eda giggled at this as she thought about the perfect vacation spot for them

"How about Palm Stings? I love tropical paradises." Eda said with a grin.

"Which hand was that on again?" Raine asked, "The one that's still there or the one in the air?"

"Honestly? I don't know. Maybe the one that still had water around it?" Eda asked, literally not knowing. "Plus, the one in the air would be too breezy, don't you think?"

"We can talk about that later, let's get Skara's room set up." Raine said.

"Oh yeah, sure. But whose house is she going to be staying at? Yours or mine?" Eda asked.

"Your house." Raine said instantly.

"Huh? No argument? What's wrong with your place?" Eda asked.

"The titan battle destroyed it." Raine said before shaking their head. "I don't blame Luz but my insurance doesn't cover Titan battle based disasters."

"Really should think about getting that kind of insurance." Eda said, thinking it was a good idea to make money.

"That's not a good idea. Mainly because of the growing rate of Luz's followers and because they might think of it as slander that she would recklessly destroy people's home for insurance." Raine said.

"Yeah, yeah, we'll work out the details later." Eda said, waving her hand at Raine.

'Ugh, this is my wife. I love her but she is too greedy sometimes.' Raine thought as they and Eda left Melody manor.

Eda summoned Owlbert to fly back while Raine didn't summon their palisman, mostly because they have it anymore.

Raine felt a pain in their heart thinking about it... no, wait, that was their still broken ribs. The two flew off, while someone was watching from a distance and forming a plan to lure out the Titan girl.