Ch.4 : Protective feeling...ain't it normal?

The interns started shouting and and screaming. "Mr. Stark why would you take HER ??!!!....she would be so useless..hell she can't even walk and roams around in that wheel chair and you want her as your intern ??...She is only gonna be a burden on you." , said one of the interns. Similar things were shouted by the others. Rose could feel tears whelping in her eyes....they were right..she was useless...why would Mr. Stark want her..her was probably joking. Rose gripped the handles of her wheelchair tightly looking down trying to control her tears while she slightly shook.

Suddenly she felt a gentle hand being placed on her shoulders. Rose flinched slightly at the sudden contact and looked up as Mr. Stark took a step in front of her shutting everyone around. He had an angry look on his face...something super rare as people were use to seeing him with his calm and cool demeanor and smug smiley look. Rose felt herself backing into her seat going deeper into the chair at Mr. Stark's looked enraged. Having seen this look on her father's face just before hitting her didn't make the situation any better. But what happened next shocked her . "How dare you??..how dare you say a word against her...why do I choose her to be my personal intern??...here as you all stand doing nothing except wasting time this girl right here who is half your age made something advanced enough to fight my suits...... and you ask why I chose her ??!!...She may not be able to walk but her mind is something everyone of you right here couldn't even compete as a group I bet. One more time I here anyone of you even uttering a word against my personal intern I am going to make your life a living hell and Tony stark does what he says...Am I clear ??", said Tony surprising everyone around along with himself. He had never been so angry before...then why did he feel the urgency to be so protective of this kid he met minutes ago?...why did his blood boil hearing them insult her??..was this cause he knew how it felt?..was it cause he reacted his life to her's...is this what having daughter felt like.......no..no...this can't be.....he can never be a father or else he would ruin the child's life. He isn't fit to be a father. He needs to stop thinking about it. Thoughts ran through his mind. As for the others, everyone stood their shocked yet nodding their heads as a yes to his question...no one wants to be on the bad side if Mr. Stark....especially with that anger which no one witnessed before. The interns slowly backed away a bit feeling rage leave his body. As for Rose she just sat there confused and speechless. Mr. Stark fought..for her...but why..why would someone waste their time on someone like her ?
Mr. Stark turned back placing a hesitant hand on her shoulder giving Rose a soft and genuine smile. "Are you alright ? ", he asked softly as Rose shuddered a tiny yes as she looked up at him with traces of tears in her eyes which broke Tony's heart into a million pieces wanting to punch the interns who made her cry right at their faces.

"Would you like to take a look into my lab?" , asked Tony with consistent soft voice. "I would love to Mr. Stark.", said Rose softly whipping her face with the sleeve of her hoodie. "Well then, let's not waste anymore time and bring you little genius to my lab ." A smile crossed Rose's face as Mr. Stark held onto her wheelchair from the back pushing her gently through the corridor into the elevator.

"Umm...Thank you for standing up for me Mr. Stark" , said Rose. "Don't mention that Kiddo...I know how it feels when people ignore how amazing you are on the basis of just not being as normal as the others." , replied Tony as Rose felt herself smiling. No one had ever been so understanding towards her till date. It felt different and .....good, accepted for the first time. But...she needs to stop this feeling. Everytime something good happens it stays only for a few moment and then it is back to her and her sad lonely life. She has been through this wayy too many times in the past. She isn't going to get attached this time and let it break her heart again. Her smile slowly faded as the thoughts continued erupting in her mind. But it stopped as soon as the elevator door opened giving the view of Tony's lab. Her expressions changed to that of awe. All she could do was gape at the technology surrounding the entire place as Tony wheeled her out of the elevator.