Ch.19 : ..as a daughter...as a father

Flashback to 15 years back......Tony still remembered that day he never forgave himself for. He was one of the most powerful people on Earth and yet when it came to saving his own child he could not. He remembered the day he came back home late at night only to find the windows of his daughter's room broken. From that day onwards there hasn't been a single day he hadn't tried tracking his daughter...even after 15 years he still tried but to no avail...and now his daughter is in front of him...abused, broken and scared. He failed...failed as a father..... as a role model....he failed. And more of  these horrible thoughts passed through his mind when he felt two arms wrapping around his torso. He looked down to see his daughter's small frame clinging onto him. His knees gave up from the hyperventilation as he kneeled down and hugged Rose tightly. "I know you are blaming yourself Mr.Stark... Don't...please.", said Rose. "How...how could you say this....I-I am the reason you went through so much.....I didn't work hard enough to get you back....how could you still be so forgiving....you should scoff at me...leave me....why??....please.... Don't leave me sweetheart I am sorry...", said Tony. He was hardly able to speak between his sobs and tears but this time he had his daughter to hold him. Her small arms till wrapped tightly around his neck, she said, "It is not.....I know you tried hard....I know you did....and you still are....I will never leave you I promise.....please please please don't blame yourself. ", and this is how their pleadings to each other continued without any care of the world. The father and daughter embraced each other...too scared to be separated again...but too laden with grief for not knowing about their relationship earlier.

Rose knew it would take Tony ages to stop blaming himself...he was her father after all...she had inherited her traits from him..but she would be there....she would be there all the time to walk with her father through this. She would be there for him as his daughter

Tony knew it would take Rose ages to get over her grief....to realise her entire life till date was pure lies. That the people she thought of as her parents we're not. It would take her ages to recover from what Hydra did to her. Even though she didn't remember anything from that timespan she stayed in the organisation...she would still get nightmares once she starts remembering now that she had a small hint. He knew so after Bucky came in....he used to have nightmares too. But..he would be there.....he would be there for her at all steps.....he would regain every moment he lost with her in those 15 years. He will be there for her when she gets nightmares and he would be there for her when she needs a role model in her life....he would be there for her as a father.

"I don't want to see them......please", whispered Rose and that was all that the Avengers required to drag the two shitheads with them out of the room leaving the father and daughter alone to have their moment. It was all the Avengers needed to know it was time that the two Hydra scientists saw hell.