Ch.21 ( Finale ): Angel in Disguise

It took both Rose and Bucky 3 days to talk to each other. After 3 days Rose had finally decided to confront him. She went to the penthouse where she found him lost in his thought. On clearing her throat Rose caught his attention. "Hey Buck", she whispered. "H-hey", replied Bucky. "A-are you angry with me", she asked afraid of his answer. She felt a little shuffle of his feet still not daring to look up. Her question had took Bucky by surprise. Did she really think he was angry with her ?!!. "No no no sweetheart I am not angry with you. I-Im angry with myself....for not being there for you when you needed me. When I first saw you lying unconscious in the medbay i couldn't think of what all you had gone through. I-i could never forgive myself. If only I hadn't discarded those thoughts the first time I saw your scars...i-i could have saved you from the last bit of damage. I-I did not know how to approach you. And then when they told me about you sharing the same fate in Hydra as mine..it made me even angrier on myself. I-Im.... I'm sorry", ranted on Bucky. He couldn't lift his head in fear of her reaction. He felt a pair of arms wrapping around his neck as a wrapped his own around her tiny frame. "None of it is your fault Buck.....neither yours nor mine...please don't blame yourself...I love you and it hurts me to see you suffer. All I care about is I have a family rn.....finally a family who loves me and cares for me. And when I have a brother like you to protect me ..I fear nothing.", said Rose and that was all the confirmation Bucky needed to feel the weight lift of his chest. Hugging her tighter he whispered, "Yes ...you have nothing to fear .....I am there to protect you always", as he let a few years fall from his eyes.

They both didn't know that from a distance Tony had watched the entire interaction with a smile on his face as he saw both of them embrace each other with love and care. He was happy to be a part of a family of weirdos with who he could be vulnerable with...he trusted each one of them with Rose's life and what can be better than that.

Rose and Bucky now laid on her bed as Bucky read her a copy of The Hobbit after she had asked him do so revealing she came to know from Sam that Bucky read the first addition when it came out in 1937 with a smug smirk on her face. Bucky had rolled his eyes with a smile on his face at her obvious mock of his age but was ready to read it for her anyways. After hours of reading they now fell asleep in each other's arms...the book lying on Bucky's chest.

As Steve had entered Rose's room to call her for dinner he was greeted by the sweet site. He stood there taking in the moment asking FRIDAY to click a picture deciding on spot to frame that photo for his room...a photo of the two most precious people of his life.But unknown to Steve...every Avenger had a pic of Rose in their room wither on the walls or on the table. The picture reminded them of whom they worked for. Rose might seem weak to many people but the Avengers knew her as the Strongest person they ever came across and that gave them the motivation before a mission...or to wake up somedays in general. They swore to keep her safe and happy her entire life. And Rose knew she did not have to fear her so called parents coming back after she heard the news of two dead bodies of a couple being discovered out of the blue on day. She knew very well who they were but did not bring out the topic....it better be left forgotten cause all she now wants to remember are the new memories she makes with her family....her real family.

The Avengers realised how big of an influence the little girl was on their lives....the Avengers realised how much they depended on her...the Avengers realised how much strength and happiness the girl gave them.....the Avengers realised that the tiny paralysed girl on the wheelchair was an Angel in Disguise