Ch.10 : Family.....yeah....

It's been almost a year since her internship in the Stark Industries. A year since she met Mr. Stark, a father figure for her. 9 months since she met the avengers, a real family for her. They have all been playing a very vital role in her life without knowing. Time she spent with them made up the best memories for her. For the first time in ages had she laughed a hearty laugh.....a real laugh. She didn't feel different with them , maybe cause all of them were somewhat different in their own ways.

Each and everyone of them was her family now. Wanda and Nat were like a sister and mother to her. They took her to shopping sprees and stole her from Tony once a month for a girls day out which also consisted of her learning how to throw knives. Clint would teach her how to shoot arrows in what he called his special hawk style. Peter and Pietro were like her older brothers irritating her at times but always cheering her up when she felt down and teaching her how to play video games which she had always wanted to try out . All the others were like the cool uncles. Sam, Bucky and her were the prank trio. They would play pranks on others....some pretty good pranks she must agree. As for Steve, he would help her with her Homework when she got stuck in any question. Loki would read her books and tell her stories from Asgard. Thor would always make an extra batch of pop tarts for her as they watched series which mostly consisted of Rose teaching him about the ways the Earth works. Bruce helped her with her science projects and they would spend hours discussing about nerdy stuffs. She might have gotten her favourite science encyclopedia signed by Bruce....something she would cherish her entire life. She sat with Bucky and Steve evry evening for an hour teaching them how the latest technology worked. But the best part among all of these were the times when Pietro would use his super speed to wheel her down the corridor of the penthouse giving her the feeling of a roller coaster. All the avengers somehow managed to make her hate her wheelchair less and less as the days pass. Although she thought it were the avengers who helped her but unknown to her she helped them too. The Avengers saw innocence and purity in her which lightened their moods to a great extent. She didn't treat them as superheroes like the other kids did which they did like but tired them sometimes. She was not a spoilt kid like most teenagers nowadays. She was intelligent and respectful....and sassy which Nat loveddddd. She brightened the Tower everytime she entered it's gates. Each and everyone of them started looking forward to her arrivals and the time they spent to the point a day without her felt sad and gloomy for all of them.

As for Tony.........the feeling of fatherhood got strong. The feeling of what an actual father feels like made her so happy. Tony would braid her hair when it irritated her while she did her work. Every Sunday they would have a baking cupcakes session which mostly ended with a lot of cupcake frosting and flour everywhere around the kitchen. He knew her favourite takeout food centre and remembered what she wanted to eat on which day of the week. He remembered the time she would have to take her medications even when she forgot. He remembered her birthday. He knew her favourite colour and the chocolate she loved the most .He did everything she would never expect her real father to even think of. She wished she could have been blessed by a father like him but life was always bad to her. So she tried cherishing all these moments she knew were temporary......but....if only she had any idea of what life finally had in the basket for her .

Speaking of Tony, he was happy....or....scratch that.....he was the happiest he had ever been in his life. It scared him how big of an influence this tiny girl had on his life. He saw her like a...... daughter but he thought he wasn't fit to be a father. He was too messed up....what if he lost the kid like he lost all the other people he loved. Just like the avengers...he didn't realise when it came to a point when the mere thought of loosing the kid was greater than any other nightmare he experienced