Chapter VII

Eglor walked across the lion bridge while holding his screecher and looking at the guards watching him. After being exiled from Eagle Spire his only choice was to try and seek help from the lions.

Eglor finally reached the lion temple and saw Lagravis staring at him while frowning. Eglor knew how much the lion king valued rules. He was more demoralized when he saw Ewald standing next to him.

"I'm sure this was all an easily solvable misunderstanding. In fact, we wouldn't be here if you didn't have that strange reaction. Can you tell us what happened?" Lagravis said. Other than him and Ewald, the audience was made up of most of the Eagle Ruling Council and the lion elders.

"Have you ever wondered if there was a way to end the conflict with the crocodiles without war?" Eglor said with a shaky voice.

"What? No, I just need you to tell me what happened" Lagravis said.

"Lagravis, we can't continue this endless war with the crocodiles. The wolves are stealing our Chi, the crocodiles are threatening our people, we need a quick response." Eglor said while choking on his tears.

"What are you talking about? What kind of response?" Lagravis said, getting interested in what Eglor had to say.

"I have found a way to swiftly and easily end the conflict with the crocodiles forever, all I need is your approval." Eglor said, no longer choking on his tears.

"What kind of way?" Lagravis said, leaning forward in his throne. Eglor hoped he wouldn't say that.

Ripnik silently landed on the ledge of a window on the tower on lion temple. He then entered the room and looked around it. After climbing down the stairs, he reached another window, this time pointing towards the throne room.

"Eglor, that is sick, of course I won't approve that. Why did you even come here?" Lagravis said as he stepped down from his throne.

"What is wrong with you, Eglor? You were never like this" Ewald said.

"Ewald, you know I was always the one to calculate the best way to do things. Sometimes, the best way is not the moral way. Come on, you know me best, I would never do something that's not optimally calculated and planned out." Eglor said, slowly backing away towards the door. Ewald didn't respond, instead watching Eglor as he ran through the door.

Eglor ran across the lion bridge as he looked at the guards staring at him. Even though he had six other animals stare at him at any given time, he felt like he was watched.

Just as he was a few meters away from the lion temple, Eglor turned back and started walking towards it, the guards and the raven watching in disbelief. Once the blue eagle made it to the lion temple, where he saw the Eagle Ruling Council sitting on the edge of the chi pool with the lion elders and Lagravis gone, he shot Ewald before he could react and flew out of the temple. Ripnik decided to fly away.

Rawzom looked around the alley as he guided Rizzo towards Reegull's workshop. Once he was a few steps from the door Reegull opened it and helped carry Rawzom inside.

"Wow, I can't even tell who should be carrying who, truly fascinating. Did you know I have never successfully healed a person? Anyway, who wants to go first?" Reegull said.

"What exactly can you do?" Rawzom said.

"Good question. I made this liquid in my spare time, you could try drinking it. It's red because it's mostly made of blood." Reegull said as he looked around his potion storage.

"What kind of blood?" Rawzom said.

"Lion, crocodile, both, who knows? I tried collecting the blood from that raven on he street a few days ago, for some reason it was carried away before nightfall. I'm trying to advertise my cemetery as much as possible but it's hard considering I can't directly talk to other animals." Reegull said as he poured two cups of the liquid.

"You're using your own cups? I have one here already." Rawzom said as he took out his own cup.

"Only one? The potion can't be shared. You will have to choose who takes it." Reegull said.

"What about body modifications? Didn't you use to do those?"Rawzom said as he observed the liquid poured into his cup.

"Ugh, don't even get me started. I spent years modifying my body, yet no tribe wants me! I am half eagle half raven you know, yet I can't even fly!" Reegull said as he drank one of the cups of the liquid to make himself less sad.

"Don't lie to me, Reegull. Your body was already modified when you gave me my leg and eye cover." Rizzo said.

"That was before I tried to get the eagles to accept me! I don't even know what I was thinking, if the ravens don't want me then the eagles sure don't either!" Reegull said.

"Listen Reegull, I don't want your disgusting blood juice. I need a new arm and you are going to make one for me." Rawzom said. The raven eagle hybrid sighed and prepared the surgery table.