Chapter VIII

Once he got close enough to see the entrance to the crocodile swamp hideout, Ripnik noticed it was closed, something he had never seen before. Still, he kept flying towards it until he saw Cragger climb out of it through a small gap kept open by a metal rod. Cragger signaled Ripnik to land next to him.

"Well, as you can see the big crocodile jaw door as I call it is broken, we closed it when the lions attacked us this morning and it won't open. I asked my servants to fix it so Crawley put this metal rod here. I don't blame him, I have no idea how to fix it and I don't think any of us crocodiles do. I guess we won't have to bother closing the door next time." Cragger said as he stumbled out of the hideout. Ripnik stared at him for a few seconds, then flew away.

Number one smiled once he saw Ehboni entering his room holding his breakfast paste. Once Ehboni placed the plate on Number one's nightstand, the two eagles heard a loud crash. It was Eglor, holding his screecher and pointing it at Ehboni.

"You thought I wouldn't come back, didn't you? How's the eagle laying in bed here?" Eglor said as he brought attention to his screecher.

"You're insane, there is no way you're escaping execution after this!" Ehboni said.

"Listen, just tell me how this eagle is doing and I will leave." Eglor said in a calmer tone while pointing his screecher at number one.

"I don't know! It's just been laying here for the past few days in silence and I've been bringing it food because I sure won't touch it!" Ehboni said.

"Whatever. Lift it up."

"What?"

"Lift the eagle up from the bed." Eglor said as he came closer to the two eagles. After waving his screecher around for another minute and firing it, Ehboni dragged one onto the floor, and then dragged it up and made it stand. Eglor then shot Ehboni four times, grabbed one's arm and left through the window. 

The two eagles flew around the spire for a few seconds until he landed on a landing strip with two interceptors on it. Eglor pushed number one towards one of the interceptors and took the other one, and the two started flying towards Eglor's secret room. Once they were in position, Eglor pressed a button on his remote control, which made the roof of the building open and the giant pulse cannon, which had five bears on it, come out of it. The two eagles then shot two grappling hooks towards the cannon, which the bears then fastened. Once the cannon was lifted in the air, an alarm triggered, and the two interceptors started flying away.

It took about twenty seconds for three interceptors to appear behind them,two piloted by light blue eagles and one by one of the members of the Eagle Ruling Council. As soon as the three interceptors cam close enough to the two, they began firing at them. This forced Eglor to communicate with his bears.

"I started charging up your cannon, should be ready to fire in a few minutes" Bladvic said through one of Eglor's communicating devices. When Bladvic finally notified Eglor that the cannon was ready to fire, the five interceptors were already above the forest. Bladvic's message distracted Eglor, however, and both the interceptors were hit several times before the sounds of the interceptors being hit was overshadowed by the sound of the pulse cannon, at which point both the eagles had already ejected themselves from the interceptors.

After the deafening noise the explosion produced came the silence. The bears, who had a rough landing after the cannon fell through the trees and onto the ground looked up at the sky where the three interceptors were hit. They stared at the sky until the eagles arrived.

"They're gone." Balkar said, breaking the silence. The bears turned towards the eagles.

"Eglor, you are sick. We knew we were transporting some sort of weapon but we didn't expect this. If that thing can do that at half its power, I don't want to find out what it does fully charged. I think we will rather hibernate." Bladvic said before he collapsed onto the ground, soon followed by the rest of the bears. Eglor stared at them for a few seconds. Every single animal that knew about his weapon called him that. Maybe what he created truly wasn't meant to be. Every single animal except his eagle. His eagle would never call him sick because it understands that what he is doing is for the best.

Rawzom watched from his table as the rest of the ravens entered the bar. The tables were set up in a half circle around the counter, with Rawzom's being in the middle. The bartender was down in his basement, with the door to it being closely watched by two guards, none of the allowed to leave the area or stop watching the door under any circumstances. Once all the tables were filled, Rawzom stood up from his seat.

"Welcome ravens to the first official meeting of the new town council of Raven Town. We have gathered here in the Water Bar to start a new government here in Raven Town after recent events." Rawzom said and looked around the room. "Does anyone have anything to say?"

"Shouldn't Rizzo be here?" Robert said.

"Unfortunately he is still recovering from surgery which is why he couldn't make it." Rawzom said.

"Why is somebody sitting at his table?" Robert asked as he turned his head to face the table next to him.

"I never assigned-" Rawzom said until he was interrupted by what Robert was looking at. It was a raven in a black robe sitting at Rizzo's table, drinking water out of a cup. Once the raven gained enough attention, it put down the cup and removed its hood. Rawzom didn't say a thing while Robert pulled out his blaster and aimed it at Ripnik.

"I just wanted to attend the meeting" Ripnik said and got out of his chair. "Have any rooms been made available since I was gone?"

Rawzom frowned as he looked at the raven in front of him. The raven was outright mocking him, however, he can't do anything about it but kill him right then and there. Maybe if he is kept around he could do it unseen...

"You can get your own building if you pay double the rent." Rawzom said. "Now leave" Ripnik left after hearing that, and Rawzom sat down to continue the meeting as he watched the raven fly out of the bar.