Chapter XIII

The new eagle council leader looked through Ewar's personal book collection (he says they're for everyone but only he was allowed in his room) while the rest of the eagles were asleep, searching for anything that could guide him in leading a tribe that just lost its leader. As he looked through the books he heard a sound from somewhere in the library and left to investigate. The sound was coming from the engineering section, and once the council leader entered the section, he saw Ripnik, the raven burglar, putting books into a box.

"Please, don't kill me, I will let you take whatever you want" the council leader whispered, knowing the eagles couldn't be able to handle his death. As the raven burglar already took everything he wanted and couldn't fit much more in his raider, it flew onto a window, then before leaving, looked back at the council leader.

"This is for Eglor" Ripnik said as he shot the council leader in the throat, then promptly flew away.

Ripnik silently landed on the roof of a building and flew to the door. As he opened it he walked across the almost empty room and walked to the only thing inside it, a rug in a corner. He lifted the rug and was presented with a set of stairs. The raven burglar then walked down the stairs and saw a dead blue eagle and a half eagle half raven hybrid. He silently left the boxes in the room and left.

Wakz looked around the room as he made his way to Rawzom's table and took a seat. The bar was filled with Rawzom's guards disguised as customers in the water bar.

"I thought Cragger was going to join us" Rawzom said as he took a sip from his cup.

"We still have a lot to prepare." 

"I can give you my entire personal army, they just got out of a war so they will be worth the money." 

"That won't be enough, we need every single raven on this and your best general leading them" 

"How much are you willing to give me?" 

"Any amount, we'll be able to make infinite money once we take Lion City."

"We'll say fifty million and a third of all the Chi you take."

"Hundred and a fourth of the Chi."

"Two hundred and a fourth of the Chi."

"Two hundred fifty and a fifth of the Chi."

"Deal."

Cragger looked over the army preparing for war near his hideout. He then heard a speedor approaching and turned his head, noticing Wakz was arriving.

"Rawzom offered his entire tribe. for now the war is lions and eagles versus wolves, crocodiles and ravens, not to mention we have the lion king" Wakz said as he turned off his speedor.

"What about the gorillas? We can't let them join the lions." Cragger said. The two looked at each other for a moment, after which Wakz turned his speedor back on and Cragger jumped on his.

The two rebel leaders drove full speed across Chima to get to the gorillas as fast as possible. Once they were near the gorilla huts, the two speedorz tripped on a purposefully placed vine suspended a few centimeters off the ground and crashed in front of the large gorilla tree. the two rebels quickly got up and saw a single gorilla mech approaching them.

The mech stopped in front of them and out of it came Gorzan the gorilla, holding Laval, the lion prince, in its hands. The lion took out its valious and started approaching the rebel leaders.

"Where is my father?" the lion prince said as it slashed the ground with its valious.

"Well, we don't have him here. You're going to have to get to the swamps if you want to find him." Cragger said sarcastically as he took out his vengdualize.

"Look guys, I think we can still solve this peacefully if you just return Laval's father!" Gorzan said.

"Forget it, monkey. They have to pay for what they have done. Take me to the crocodile swamps" Laval said as he roared as loud as he could and was embraced by Gorzan who jumped into his mech. The two rebel leaders followed by making their own loud sounds and got on their speedorz.

Wakz and Cragger quickly arrived to the crocodiles swamps to find their army ready for combat a few hundred meters outside the hideout. The ground troops were hidden in the tall grass and thick plantlife of the swamps while the vehicles were at the back waiting to enter the fight. It seemed like the entirety of raven town was there except for Rawzom and Ripnik.

The first defenders of Chima to arrive were a limited amount of speedorz that were headed to the hideout. Once all the speedorz were eliminated the defenders (of Chima, not in the battle) knew exactly where the rebel army was and the battle could start. The defender infantry started marching towards the rebels, shooting in front of them. Eventually, after a few casualties, the defenders found their positions and the two sides started shooting at each other.

Rawzom was lightly shaking, which he only noticed because the water inside his glass wasn't still. He quickly moved the cup to his mouth and swallowed the liquid as soon as he could. he looked around the room, the only thing in his mind being the red mask in the water bar, and "Razar's" dead body he found near the building. he tried listening for even the most subtle sound that would indicate the raven was in the building, but he could hear nothing except Razar's voice in his head.

The king of the ravens tightly held on to his bazooklaw as he hid behind his desk when it finally happened, a deafening explosion coming from the window.

Cragger frowned as he watched raven vehicles fall from the sky and eagle interceptors blow up rebel vehicles. he saw Wakz and Worriz fighting again in the distance and he decided to run towards them with his vengdualize, but was grabbed by a raven and lifted high up from the ground, at which point he lost his weapon. The raven then let him go and grabbed him again mid air, this time with him facing his captor. He recognized the purple feathers before he could even process the face. Terrified from the height and speed he was traveling at, he was forced to look into the eyes of his Raven Assassin.

"H- how much did they pay you?" Cragger barely made out while trying not to look the raven in the eyes.

"More than you could ever give me" Ripnik said as he let Cagger go one last time.

Rawzom's ears were violently ringing and his face was covered in blood as he tried to somehow stop the bleeding. He was soon grabbed by the throat and lifted up. Even in his condition he knew exactly who grabbed him, he was just happy he wouldn't have to see the red mask again.

"I finally did it Rawzom, and all it took was consulting the animal who made you the window and giving them the eagle knowledge they were longing for so much! Ranzak gave me so much money to kill you, and even though I will now never get paid, at least I will die knowing I have never let anyone get away, not even the king of the ravens. Goodbye, Rawzom." Razar said as he slit the raven king's throat with his knife. He could hear another raven screaming louder and louder as he felt pulse shot after pulse shot hit his back. Rizzo crashed into the room and started sobbing once he saw Rawzom.

Laval marched through Cragger's hideout after defeating the rebel army. He was met by the sight of Longtooth and Leonidas carrying the corpse of his father, killed just minutes before the end of the battle as the last rebel soldiers desperately tried to get away from the defenders. The lion prince got on the knees in front of his father, knowing he would avenge him.