Chapter XI

The Pack Tracker bounced on the rough terrain as the wolves on board shouted in panic. While the Tracker does exceptionally well at maneuvering rough terrain, just a couple of successful shots from the lions and it was already slowed to half its speed.

"If we continue in the Tracker we'll be caught up with in no time, we have to leave" Windra said.

"Forget it! The Tracker is the pride of the wolf pack and we are not leaving it behind!" Wakz said.

As all other wolves immediately listened and jumped on the speedorz surrounding the tracker, WIndra didn't bother convincing Wakz, who stayed on his Tracker. He agreed, however, to split up and make the lions more bearable for the rest of the tribe.

The wolf tribe eventually split on two paths into the forest, with the tracker being pursued by the lion tank and the speedorz and bikes by lion speedorz and bikes. While both the tank and the tracker were slow, the tracker was still faster despite its damaged state, letting Wakz outmaneuver the tank and start pursuing it instead. While the lion tank tried to somehow turned around with all the trees in the way the tracker delivered a fully charged shot to the back of the tank and then ran over it, destroying the tank and stopping it fully. Wakz wasted no time running to the driver's seat of the tank to see if the driver was still alive. Expecting no resistance, Wakz was surprised when a lion leaped out of the rubble and threw it onto the ground. The lion was none other than the lion king.

"You really want to die like this, lion king?" Wakz said as he took out his vengious of honor. While the lion king lost his weapon during the destruction of his tank, he grabbed the hand Wakz was holding the vengious in and punched him in the face. Wakz was confused by the fact the lion king didn't bother to use a weapon, but nevertheless kicked him away and into the lion's tank. He then placed the tip of his vengious directly on the lion king's throat.

"A few years ago I noticed I was getting old. I decided to make Worriz leader of my tribe, and look what that cost me. The idiot got caught just driving around chima, can you believe that? You know, the pledge of the pack says we are forced to serve the crocodile tribe as long as it exists, and it no longer exists, isn't that right?" Wakz said as he pressed his vengious towards Lagravis' throat. The lion king nodded in silence, recalling the conversation he had with the crocodile king.

"I am constantly being underestimated in my old age. My tribe has abandoned me to go fight the lions on their speedorz. Maybe it's for the best, I don't think I would have caught the lion king if they didn't. Now, we will find your hunting party and you will release the prisoners." Wakz said.

The hunt went on for hours while the sun set on Chima. The lions underestimated the skill of the wolves as they made their way through the forest, circling hundreds of times through the same roads. Eventually, while the wolves jumped over the same gap for maybe the hundredth time, the tip of Winzar's speedor got stuck on the edge of the other side and he was launched in the air while his speedor crashed on the ground. The wolves all stopped, half of their pack was already captured, they couldn't risk losing another member. Every single one turned their speedorz towards the gap and pointed their weapons, waiting for the lions as Winzar made his way towards the nearest Speedor. 

A few seconds later the first lion Speedor made its way across the gap, at which point the wolves promptly started shooting it. On the speedor was the most skilled driver of the lions, Laval. While he let the rest of the lions safely traverse the gap, he himself was shot in the shoulder while dodging a shot aiming for his head. Slowly running out of ammunition, the wolves took out their melee weapons and started charging against the lions. The lions immediately responded, but were left outnumbered after Laval got hit and had to be carried away. Just as the lions started nearing the gap a missile was fired and flew past the fighting animals. As the animals stopped fighting and started staring towards the direction the missile came from, they were met with powerful headlights as the Pack Tracker slowly approached them. Eventually the tracker stopped near them and Wakz jumped out of the vehicle, carrying Lagravis who was tied up with chains.

"Surrender lions as I have captured your leader." Wakz said as he presented the captured lion king and stopped to look at the animals in front of him. "You were already losing, weren't you?" The lions didn't respond, instead dropping their weapons and putting their hands in the air.

"We surrender. What are your demands, wolf?" Longtooth said as he tried to hide his rage.

"Originally I wanted to list a series of demands but I don't think its needed anymore. I will get your prisoners myself." Wakz said as he ordered the lions to be tied up.

Ripnik looked around the water bar as he hastily made his way to his table. The bar had the same smell he remembered.

"Ah, the water bar, just like old times. A lot of things have happened since we last met here." the raven said as it lit its pipe. "The crocodiles losing the war had a lot of my guys upset, and now apparently the wolves have captured the entire lion royal family, I miss the simple politics of the past. I know you don't like Cragger but you need to convince him to keep the wolves in check."

"What am I, some sort of government agent?" Ripnik said, wondering who the raven he's talking to works for.

"Look, Ripnik, you need to stop thinking of yourself as a thief or assassin, you should just agree to do jobs. Think of the Eglor job, why do you think the lions hired some raven to kill one animal for them? Because they don't have anyone to do it. You are the only one who does these kinds of things and does them well, if word gets out that you would do any job for money every tribe will throw themselves at you. The lions gave you 200 000 for Eglor, yes? You don't have to kill anyone and I will still give you 100 000." the raven said as it reached its hand out towards Ripnik. The raven hesitated a bit, but shook the other raven's hand. Like always, the other raven disappeared through a window.