Chapter XII

"Here boss, I found some berries for you" Crawley said as he handed Cragger the berries.

"Wow, these berries taste amazing! Where did you find them?" Cragger said as he tossed a berry in his mouth.

"Just over there, in that bush. I am glad to see you so happy, boss" Crawley said as he ate a berry himself.

"Yeah, ruling a tribe, it just wasn't for me. I can't wait to live out the rest of my life just walking around the Outlands, eating berries and having fun for once in my life!" Cragger said.

"I agree boss. Hey, what's that in the air?" Crawley said as he pointed towards the sky. "Looks like a Chi raider."

"Please, Crawley, don't make me think about Chi raiders or the animals inside them. It must be lost or something." Cragger said, knowing full well that wasn't the case. The near silent, modified Chi raider loudly fell on the ground after its engine was shut off mid flight. Cragger dropped his berries and frowned once he saw Ripnik open the door and puke.

"Sorry for that, I modified this thing so much I don't even know how to pilot it anymore!" Ripnik said as he stumbled over to Cragger. Cragger, however, refused to let Ripnik back into his life. He grabbed the raven  by the throat and pulled it towards him.

"Listen, bird, if you don't leave me alone in two seconds I am going to use you as my primary food source for the next few weeks. Understand?" Cragger said as Crawley looked over with pride. Ripnik was still dizzy from the ride there.

"Listen Cragger, I wouldn't disturb you if it wasn't important, the wolves have captured the lion king, his son and personal guard among others. If you don't stop them they will take over all of Chima." Ripnik said.

"Are you absolutely sure its urgent? I don't want the next visit to be from Worriz but if you are lying I am following up with that threat!" Cragger said as he tightened his grip around Ripnik's throat.

"You heard the part about the lion king, let's go" Ripnik said as both he and Cragger stepped on his raider. Crawley held himself on to a leg as there wasn't enough space.

The three quickly got to Lion City using Ripnik's many turbo jets. Once they arrived at the temple they saw Lagravis, Worriz, Wakz and Crug talking. The three all stared at the scene as Ripnik performed a particularly rough landing.

"Hey boss, what are you doing here?" Crug said as he started walking towards Cragger.

"Oh, Craggers not your boss anymore. You're his now." Lagravis said as he chuckled. Worriz smiled as well while Wakz stared at the two.

"What are you talking about? Is Chima not in danger from the wolves?" Cragger said as he gave Ripnik a furious look. The raven started getting worried.

"They have to follow The Pledge of the Pack, which is now held by the new crocodile king, King Crug!" Lagravis said as he laughed.

"WHAT? He doesn't have royal blood!" Cragger said.

"We took the liberty to "recreate" the crocodile tribe since it tragically stopped existing. We wrote a new constitution and now the king of lions can pick a title for any animal in the crocodile tribe. I am currently Supreme Commander of the crocodile army, navy, and Supreme Leader of the crocodile tribe. The king still handles the pledge of the pack, though." Lagravis said.

"Sorry boss, I guess you just got unlucky" Crug said as he touched the crown on his head.

"Now that we have to follow the Pledge, I guess we don't need to fight anymore!" Worriz said. Wakz frowned, it is clear who would become leader of the wolves if they allow Crug to become king of the crocodiles. He spontaneously  grabbed Wilhurt, Worriz' most loyal companion, and slammed him into Worriz, causing both of them to fall over.