Chapter X

It had gone 10 days since all crocodiles left the hideout and three days since Cragger and his two most loyal servants, Crawley and Crug ran out of food. While the two desperately tried finding any food in the hideout Cragger sat on the floor in front of the crocodile jaw protecting him with his spear in hand and his crown/helmet on his head. When the lions arrive he wanted to be ready.

On the third day of no food and the tenth day of being the only crocodile except for his servants in the hideout, Cragger was saved from having to stare at the jaw entrance once he saw it starting to get shot to pieces. He didn't know why they had to destroy it even more than the blue eagle did, he just knew that today was the end of his suffering.

"Cragger, we know you're in there" Lagravis shouted as the shooting continued with the only thing hiding the crocodile king being the smoke and dust coming from the remains of the entrance to his hideout. Eventually, one of the lions stepped forth and the crocodile wasted no time leaping towards it and cutting its throat. Only when he was pushed back and he fell onto the ground did he realize he killed a soldier and not a valuable target. Lagravis then started approaching him.

"Listen Cragger, we caught this guy a few hours ago together with some of his friends we have locked up in the dungeon." Lagravis said as he pointed towards Worriz, who tried to avoid Cragger's gaze. It was unclear who was in a more humiliating position, but at least Cragger wasn't restrained by a lion.

"We know all other crocodiles left, if we wanted to attack you right now it wouldn't be a battle, it wouldn't be a massacre, it would be a murder. We are going to give you one offer. You cannot refuse, you cannot negotiate, and you cannot stall." Lagravis said.

"Let's hear it"

"You let us seize your hideout and get exiled to the outlands." Lagravis said.

"What about my friend Worriz and my servants?" Cragger said.

"I don't think that's up to you at this point, but if you care we are going to hunt down the rest, steal all of their belongings and repeat that every month. We will keep half in the dungeons so they don't fight back. We will mercifully let you keep Crawley and put Crug in the dungeon, we always saw him as the better one." Lagravis said. Worriz let out a whimper.

"I accept your demands, lion king." Cragger happily said as he shook hands with Lagravis and patted Worriz' head. "We are free Crawley, let's go!" he yelled out, immediately summoning his servants.

'"What about me, boss?" Crug asked.

"You are done Crug, lifetime in the dungeons. Bye!" Cragger said as he lifted Crawley above his head and startes skipping towards the outlands.

"How come he gets to be free but I have to be in the dungeon?" Crug asked.

"Initially we made the decision to be better than Eglor but now in hindsight I don't know what we were thinking" Lagravis said as he watched Cragger dance while walking away.

Reegull yawned as he took a sip of some blood coffeegull he made for himself while opening the door to his lab. He placed his cup on a table and began admiring his work of art. The raven was still dead, but he could already feel the chi filling it with life. Still, he expected it to already be done, so he took another Chi from the storage and threw it onto the corpse, making it spring up immediately and start gasping for air.

"What the fuck? Where the hell am I?? I am supposed to be dead! Am I?" the former corpse said as it looked around the room.

"Can you imagine it takes just two Chi and an unknown amount of time to resurrect a corpse!? Why does nobody do this?" Reegull said as he started touching his creation.

"You resurrected me, you asshole? You know why nobody does that? BECAUSE IT'S SICK!!" the raven said as it grabbed Reegull by the throat. Reegull immediately grabbed his scalpel and jammed it into the resurrected corpses throat. He took a few seconds to catch his breath before looking at the once again dead raven.

"Next time I have got to remember to restrain these, a bit foolish I didn't at first. Still, an incredible breakthrough in alchemy, just two Chi is all it takes. Or does it? I need to experiment more. I need more warm bodies."

Suddenly, the alchemist heard a knock on his door. In front of his house was a raven with a wheelbarrow, and in it a dead raven with a recognizable red symbol on its head.

Two Chi and half a day later, two living ravens laughed while drinking as much animal blood as they could handle.

"It's the perfect assassination plan! Why in the world would Rawzom expect me if I am dead!?" Razar said in between chugs of blood. "What the hell is Revue doing on the floor bleeding out of his neck?"

"So that's what he's called. Anyway, so when you finally murder that Rawzom you're going to let me back into society, correct?" Reegull said as he threw his bottle of blood on Revue's face.

"My friend, I am going to let you into eagle society if I kill him! In my last life I thought when I kill him I am going to get myself a nice house near the Chi lake and relax for the rest of my life. NO MORE!!! ONCE RAWZOM IS GONE I WILL HAVE NO MORE RESTRICTIONS!! I WILL CONQUER ALL OF CHIMA WITH NOBODY BUT MY FRIEND THE ALCHEMIST!!" Razar said as he threw his bottle at Reegull's potion storage, causing multiple chemical reactions. "You see that, alchemist? The bottle represents me and the storage represents Rawzom. Once I take him out everything falls apart and chaos takes over! That is when we two seize control. We will blow up Mount Cavora.

"You don't mean that..." Regull said as he desperately tried to save some of the more expensive potions.

"I DO! I will drink the river of Chi, I will seal the Gorge of Eternal Depth and I will unfall the falling jungle! I AM THE KING OF CHIMA!!" Razar said as he lifted a table and tossed it towards a wall.

"You know Razar, you're not acting at all like I thought you would." Reegull awkwardly chuckled.

"I'm not actually Razar, man." Razar said as he stopped moving and stared at Reegull.

"What?"

"I'm not Razar. Look, Razar wouldn't let himself get killed and trust you to revive him. You still wonder why nobody thought of using Chi to revive a corpse? It's been known for years, which you would know if you were allowed to live among other civilized creatures. The thing is the decomposition of the body doesn't stop, the brain is just still kept alive by the Chi. I will begin rotting and be forced to be alive for it. The reason Razar made me do this is to scare Rawzom. Rawzom is deathly afraid of him and he will probably think he managed to cheat death through sheer hate. Eventually, Razar will probably kill him. The only reason anybody comes to you for help is because of how unbelievably cheap it is." the raven said as it left the room. Reegull was speechless.