Chapter 1

General pov:
Around 2 am Hailey woke up to the sound of their youngest daughter Carly crying. She got out of bed and walked over to the crib.

She picked up Carly. "Shh little girl its alright mama is here" hailey told the little one. She moved Carly closer to her chest so they were cuddling.

While she was cuddling Carly she heard a sound coming from the hallway. She knew she couldnt do this on her own so she shook Jay lightly. "Wake up Jay" she said.

Jay slowly opened his eyes. "Whats going on hails?" He says while looking at her.

"One of our other daughters is crying and im already holding carly because she was crying as well." She tells him.

Jay nods his head and makes his way through the hallway stopping at the door of his oldest daughter. He hears loud cries and it sounds like shes begging someone.

He slowly opens her door to see her tear stained face. He sits on her bed and lightly shakes her. "Wake up sweetie it isnt real" he says.

After a few seconds he gets her to wake up. Rosa shoots up starting to breath funny. Jay grabs her hand. "Hey hey just squeeze my hand its ok im here honey" he tells her.

She visibly relaxes and calms down, but thats when a whole new set of tears fall down her face.

Jay engulfs his oldest daughter in a hug and strokes her hair. "Hey shh its ok youre safe with me honey" he tells her.

She starts to relax a little in his arms but refuses to fall back asleep.

"Wanna talk about it sweetie?" Jay asks her. She slowly nods and sits down on his lap.

Rosa's pov:
I get comfortable on my dads lap and rest my head against his chest while i fidget with my fingers. Its a stupid anxious habit. "You got shot infront of me" i quietly wisper

I hear my dad sigh. "It wasn't real honey im fine im right here with you." He tells me.

I can feel my eyes close again but i fight to stay awake.

My dad notices im trying to fight sleep and starts playing with my hair lulling me right back to sleep.

Jays pov:
Once i notice that my daughter is back asleep i put her down and kiss her on her head "sweet dreams baby girl" i wisper.

I leave the door slightly open when i walk out just how she likes it.

I walk back in the room where i see hailey still cradling Carly. "She wont go back to sleep. Everytime i put her down she cries again" she tells me.

I get back in bed. "She can sleep with us for tonight." I put down the small pillow for carly.

Hailey gets in bed and places carly on the pillow. After a few minutes we all easily fall asleep.

*Friday morning 7 am*

Sofie's pov:
I wake up at 7 am and have a lot of energy in me. We got the day off from school today but who cares right? Im awake so they can be too.

I get out of bed and walk over to my door. I slowly open it and make my way over to my parents bedroom. Where i open the door and walk in.

I climb on to my daddys side and start jumping. "Daddy daddy wake up!" I say full of energy.

My dad groans and looks over at my mom whos also waking up.

I sit down on the bed and watch my daddy pick up my little sister carly who started crying. I stare at them and before i know it i slapped her on the arm.

Carlys cries immediately grow and my dad passes her over to my mom who cradles her in her arms trying to calm her down.

"Corner now sofie" my dad tells me. I shake my head and keep sitting on the bed. He gets out and places me in the corner. "6 minutes you know how it works" he says.