Bolt

I bolted forward toward the front of the mass of horses. I ended up behind two horses. Anna started to steer me away from the rail, I started to collect myself. I needed more rein, so I'd figure that I would make a fuss about it. I shortened my stride and collected my head a bit and we lost a bit of ground. My plan worked because she gave my more rein and I immediately turned back to my normal running stride. I started into the backstretch and I was given a bit more rein and I sped forward coming up behind the nearest horse. I saw them start to tire, and so did Anna, that's when I sped passed them and ran after the horse I really wanted to beat. I felt adrenaline coarse through my veins, I thought I have to win this. I always beat my friends, why would this be any different? Turning for the stands, I felt the time to move. I rushed forward. I stuck my head out striving to match his pace. I realized that these horses were bred to run, which meant that being wild gave me a disadvantage I felt the rein go slack again and I extended my head further feeling a new wave of energy coarse through me. I saw that we were eye to eye and I stared him down. His eyes darted to me and they stuck. My eyes blazed with furry and adrenaline. His were calm until my gaze grew intense. His eyes slowed grew the look of terror on them. I felt victorious. That's when I felt something I have never felt before, nor needed. I felt a new reserve of energy open. I then triumphed and galloped away leaving him to get my dirt in his face. I sped past two poles and I felt Anna start to pull me up. With adrenaline coursing through me, it was a minute before I could come to a stop, and realization. I won! I breathed a sign of relief and triumph and I pranced off to where ever Anna was leading me. She held the rein really tight and I tried to get some rein, but she refused to give me any. I saw the horse that was behind me look at me. When I turned my eye to look at him, he dodged my gaze and turned his head down slightly. I raised my head and I saw a horse cantering towards me, and Tom on him. He came up to me, rubbed my snout and grabbed my reins. I heard an announcer overhead as we passed the grandstand, " The official winner of the Saratoga Hopeful stakes is, Wild Survivor." I heard my name and a surge of joy went through my body as Tom led me off the track.