Plimico

"I refuse to let you ride. That 'bump' almost fractured your ankle, again. Plus your achilles is irritated again. It's-its just to risky to be riding three times in five weeks. You need to find another jockey." The news crushed me, I went from the top of the world in my pipe dreams of the triple crown to crash landing back to earth when I re-injured my ankle. I was rushed back to Rachel's supervision in a hospital. Now I need to find a replacement jockey before the Preakness.

I arrived at Plimico a couple days ago. I crutched my way over to the outside rail watching horses exercise. It's been three days since victory and already many horses have arrived at Plimico for the Preakness. Sealed Fate has come back for revenge. I saw Survivor being led out to the track by Tom, Natasha was aboard. I saw Else walk over to the track. I signaled her over, wondering if maybe she could ride Survivor. " If your horses feels really promising, then I might be able to get out of the contract with Sealed Fate." I beckoned Natasha over when they made their way around to us. Natasha agreed and dismounted Survivor keeping a firm hand on the reins. Else mounted up. She steadied herself in the saddle. Sealed Fate whinnied loudly, clearly impatient with Else. Natasha agreed to ride Sealed Fate with Else beside her. Together the pair took off at a steady canter.

They made their way around the track. Once they started to pull up, Sealed Fate yanked his head up. This spooked Survivor slightly who bucked without warning. Else was knocked off Survivor but got up, unharmed. " That's one wild horse. Too wild, I'm sorry Anna, but I gotta good contract with Sealed Fate's crew to upset you. I'm gonna stick to that, now if you'll excuse me, I need to exercise my horse." Slightly stunned Natasha dismounted and grabbed Survivor's reins and led out of the track next to me. Else mounted Sealed Fate and rode him off down the track.

Natasha cleared her throat. I gave her a sly look, " What does that mean?" " Not much, just maybe ya know..." She tilted her head inward slightly, I rolled my eyes, " What are you implying? " " I have a jockeys license. " She raised her eyebrows expectantly, I raised one eyebrow in return, " You think you can control a wild horse in a race at forty miles an hour?" " Well ya, of course I can." " Well, when the track is empty, meet me out here with Survivor, tacked and ready to race." She gave a giddy nod of the head and led Survivor back to the barn. I took out my phone and called Rachel.