Chapter 5

I did say I was going to try to get this out ASAP, so... here. I was having a bit of writer's block, so this is more of a 'filler' chapter. Sorry :/

For any who were unable to guess the song, it's the Transformers Prime theme with lyrics!!! Amazing song. Heh... I've spent a whole DAY listening to mostly that one song. I know, I'm crazy, but it's a good crazy, ya know? Here's the next Chapter!

   Things were going well at Skyblade One. Altair had slipped into the regular schedule of things within a day and a half, bouncing around the former exploration ship with the energy of a five-year-old. One hour she was with Hammerhead, learning about Cybertronian biology even more, the next she was having a 'chat-off' with Skyburst. Windblade had barely been able to stare at them for 5 minutes before their incoherent chattering got to the point she couldn't stand it anymore and left.

   She hopped up onto the top of the Skyblade, working with around 20 other 'Bots to disguise it with the native flora of the planet, which Optimus -and Altair- said was called Earth. As they worked, Windblade thought back to her time with Orion and Alpha Trion at the Iacon Hall of Records...

*Flashback*

    Windblade sat up on the roof of the Hall of Records. She sighed, missing the comforting presence of Wayward. She turned her head slightly, hearing pedesteps. She gave Orion Pax a sad smile as he joined her. 

   "You're upset again... what's wrong, Windblade?" Orion asked gently, sitting next to her and setting a servo on her shoulder. She sighed, looking down at the city, then up again into the distance in the direction of Mynphas. 

   "It's just... I miss my twin... I miss Wayward.... with all my spark. She was all I had..." she said softly. Orion's expression softened, compassionate. He gave her a gentle side-hug, trying to comfort her. 

   "Even if scars don't heal... even if they don't fade away... even if the hurt never leaves... the scars we carry are part of what makes us who we are. The scars remind us that we had a difficult time, that we struggled through something that hurt, but that we pushed through. We survived. We thrived. If they fade... we realize just how much they changed us. How we learned. How we see things. How we understand. The pain... it reminds us that, no matter what happens, there will be things that hurt us, but we aren't meant to carry it alone. We have family, we have friends, for a reason. They rejoice with us in the good times, and mourn with us in the hard times. They're there when we need them most. The pain brings you closer with those around you. It helps you know just how much others care about you," Orion quietly said, and Windblade vented a soft sigh. She leaned back against the domed roof of the Hall of Records.

    "Sometimes... I wish I could change the past.... that I could've stopped them from... offlining her...... but.... If I did.... I wouldn't have met you or Alpha Trion..." She turned to look at Orion, "I wouldn't have made friends..."

   She smiled at him, and he smiled back, glad that she was feeling better.

*End of Flashback*

   The scene faded away as Windblade smiled, bringing her thoughts back to reality. She took a small break, watching her Team in contentment. Yes, they'd been through hard times, good times, and painful times. They'd survived war, explored galaxies, and ran from the wackiest creatures from various planets. She shuddered as she remembered herself and 4 other Sky Fighters running for their lives from a Spark Eater. But they'd made it, without any casualties. She smirked to herself, thinking back to some of the ridiculous situations they'd been in.

*Flashback*

   Windblade was on a strange planet, along with 14 other Sky fighters. 5 were Seeker-Class, 3 were Warriors, 3 were Heavy Weapons, 2 were Scouts, and one was a Medic. They were walking through what looked like a jungle, but.... much, much larger. The trees dwarfed them, far larger than anything any of the Sky Fighters had seen before. She looked up into the trees, searching for possible danger. Seeing nothing, they kept exploring, staying in the single group. Starfleet, one of the Seeker-Class who was with them, looked on edge, "I don't like this... it's too quiet."