18 | The Mermaid in Elision

ENCHANTMENT

Caius' POV

Coming home was always a relief to me after a long day. But when Taylor and I arrived at my place, a sudden feeling of doom made me get on guard. I stopped moving and closed my eyes, trying to detect any suspicious activity around my building.

"Something is wrong." I spoke out what I sensed to the werewolf beside me. Suddenly, a wave of sorrow washed over me.

"I cannot sense anything inside your home." Taylor's eyes widened with worry.

"A witch put a spell in my home so no stranger can come in here or spy on me. What if..." My stomach dropped at the unsettling feeling I felt. "Shit!" In a hurry, I pushed the key, unlocked the door and slammed my door open.

"Krian!" Taylor shouted for his sister's name in worry. Our footsteps thudded against the floor and my heart raced in distress as I saw Krian bawling her eyes out while she tried to drag Andros' unconscious body to the couch.

"What happened?" I marched towards them. She ignored my question and just kept crying while holding on to the vampire. His skin looked like he didn't have life in him, sweat was breaking out of his forehead and his breathing was heavy.

"Help me get him up there." Taylor rushed to his sister's side and I followed him.

"Let me do it." I offered and I easily picked up Andros, carrying him to the black couch. Tossing a blanket to cover him, I watched the two blond werewolves communicate. Krian began to wave her hands in the air, weaving a story with a flick of her fingers while her brother nodded and hummed, following through her story. Once she was done, she hugged him tight.

"He's going to be okay. He's just spent for the moment." He assured his sister. I walked to her side and patted her head gently. Assuming the vampire's condition, they went outside and he used too much of his power.

"Vampires get drained when using their abilities under the sunlight. He will be okay." She wiped her nose with her sweater and sniffed. Her purple eyes were glassy as she cried, her sobs echoing on the walls of my home. Her cheeks were flushed red and her moonlight hair was sticking out of places like the wind slapped her with one huge blow.

"He made her go out to buy medicine for her cough but someone began to chase her. She says he was a witch with the way he had touched her and he began to make her feel weird. So she ran away from him and contacted our friend. Andros used his shadows so he could save Krian on time."

"Ah! Yes. Gifted vampires can break through light and shadows. I never knew he was one of the few. He's a skilled warrior for becoming a shadow breaker without dying." I commended the unconscious vampire. A ghost of a smile slowly crept on my lips. I could imagine the prince acting wicked if he ever heard what I said right now.