Chapter 8

Becky's POV

The morning sun cast a warm and inviting glow over the yacht, signaling the start of a new day. The lingering aroma of a delicious breakfast still hung in the air as the group began to disperse, some engaging in conversations, others heading to different parts of the yacht for relaxation.

Amidst this bustling scene, a cheerful invitation found its way to me and Freen. Emma, Anna-Taylor, Gaten, and Nam – a lively bunch of classmates – extended their warm welcome. 

"Hey, Becky, Freen, how about a game of Monopoly?" Nam's eyes twinkled with mischief.

I exchanged a glance with Freen, and her curiosity mirrored mine. Monopoly sounded like a great way to unwind and connect with others. 

"Sure, sounds like fun." I replied, a genuine smile forming on my lips.

Nam leaned in with a playful grin, her enthusiasm infectious. 

"You know, Freen was quite the Monopoly champ back in our high school days."

Freen chuckled softly, a modest blush gracing her cheeks. 

"Oh, come on, Nam. It was just a stroke of luck, really."

Gaten joined the conversation, his signature toothy grin on full display. 

"Well, whether it's luck or skill, I'm all in for some good ol' Monopoly action!"

Laughter rippled through the group, the atmosphere buzzing with camaraderie. With the game board set before us, the dice rolled, and Gaten's piece moved with anticipation. 

"Let's see where this takes me."

As I rolled the dice, a rush of nostalgia washed over me. I remembered countless evenings spent around the dining table with my family, engaged in spirited games of Monopoly. To my delight, my initial rolls seemed promising, and I made my way around the board.

Freen's voice rose above the playful banter. 

"Seems like the tech tycoon's daughter has some Monopoly skills."

Anna-Taylor, her curiosity piqued, leaned in with genuine interest. 

"Becky, what's it like growing up in a world immersed in technology and innovation?"

I smiled, appreciating her curiosity. 

"It's a unique experience, for sure. Constant exposure to cutting-edge technology, discussions about the latest advancements, and the excitement of being part of something transformative. But it's also important to strike a balance and stay connected to the human aspect amid all the technological progress."

Nam nodded thoughtfully, her eyes reflecting understanding. 

"Sounds like quite the juggling act."

"It definitely has its challenges." I agreed. 

"But it's also incredibly rewarding to contribute to the evolution of the digital landscape."

As the game continued, Gaten interjected with his trademark charm, sharing amusing anecdotes from his time on set. Each story was punctuated by his infectious laughter, leaving us all chuckling along with him.

Amidst the friendly banter, Emma's laughter resonated, drawing our attention. 

"Hey, Gato, it's your turn!"

We all turned to Gaten, a mix of amusement and curiosity in our eyes. Gaten looked momentarily puzzled, his brow furrowing.

 "Gato? What's that?"