7 | haunted - pt. 2

Pairing: Thomas Sharpe x Fem!Reader

Warnings: ghosts??

Setting: you bought Allerdale Hall, and the ghost of Thomas Sharpe has been watching you. He can be an actual person at night but turns into a ghost at dawn.

you can read part 1 on my 1st oneshot book.

Requested by: godessofmischef

---

You and Thomas were growing close. During the day when he was a ghost, he would watch you doing chores around the huge mansion and restoring the old rooms, and at night you would either talk, dance, or you'd teach him things from this century.

One night he was rather quiet when you talked.

"Are you alright?", you asked, "You're awfully quiet tonight." He looked down at his lap as he sat next to you on your bed.

"It's... it's nothing, dear Y/N. Don't worry about me", he replied.

You put your hand on his cheek and stroked your thumb over the scar below his eye. He sighed and looked you in the eyes, taking your hand from his cheek and holding it in his.

You kneeled down next to Thomas on the bed so that you were eye-to-eye with him. You took a deep breath before leaning forward and kissing the scar on his cheek. You felt Thomas breathe out and he closed his eyes.

Once you moved away from him, he opened his eyes again and looked you in the eyes. "I wish I could love you Y/N."

You were confused. "Why can't you love me?"

He looked down. "Y/N I'm a ghost. You can't possibly spend your whole life being awake at night just to be with me. I wish I could take you somewhere so you knew I care, but it's so cold and I don't know where. I could plant daffodils for you but they won't flower like they usually do because of the clay. I wish I could kiss you all the time, not just at night. I wish I could fight if somebody hurt you, but my hand's been broken one too many times. I could use my voice, words always win, but I'd lose. I want to learn to love but all my tears have been used up on another love. I've made too many mistakes in my past. Y/N what do you see in me?"

You never forgot that night. Since then, you've been studying healthcare, to see if there is a possibility to make Thomas be himself all the time. And one day, you found the solution. It was a simple mixture of water and a few herbs. Sounds like tea, doesn't it?

So you decided to surprise Thomas with it, and pretended it was just normal tea. And when he didn't turn into a ghost at dawn, he didn't know what to say or do.

You were in your room with him, he was looking at the sunrise, prepared to turn invisible. "Goodbye Y/N. I hope you have a great day." He closed his eyes. But then after a few moments, he opened them again and looked at his hands, noticing he was still in human form.

You smiled at your success and walked over to him, taking his hands. "It worked." You kissed his hand.

"What worked?" Thomas was confused.

"I've been looking for a solution for quite a while now...and see? Now I don't have to stay up all night just to be with you. We can be with each other. All the time."

He looked at you with tears in his eyes, putting a hand on your cheek. "Y/N, my love, you're wonderful."

He pulled your face closer to his and leaned down. His lips touched yours and the only thing you were perceiving were the butterflies in your stomach.

You found a way to be with him. And he would cherish that forever.

A/N:
I hope you like it, it's a bit chaotic hahah