15 | if we make it through december

Pairing: Loki x Fem!Reader

Warnings: angst (with comfort), seasonal depression

Plot: it's December again and you get in a deep hole.

---

You've been in a really bad place lately. Walking through the Avengers headquarters constantly wearing pyjamas, avoiding any human contact, even your own boyfriend, eating unhealthy.

Loki has been trying to get ahold of you for the whole day but you were just trying to get out of everyone's way. Unfortunately he caught you just as you were about to walk into your room.

"Hey Y/N, are you alright? You've been distant." You mumble something under your breath.

Loki sighed and walked into your room with you, closing the door behind himself. He sat on your bed and gestures for you to sit down too. You seemed so vulnerable.

"Talk to me, sweetheart."

You understood that he wouldn't leave until you told him what was going on. "It's just a seasonal thing. I thought this year it wouldn't come, but it did. Worse than ever. I just feel so weak and burnt out and I'm not motivated. December is supposed to be the best time of the year but to me it's the worst. Christmas isn't even about family to me anymore. I don't mean to hate December. It's just...hard."

You rubbed your eyes. You were tired.

Loki noticed. He gently wrapped his arms around you and pulled your head onto his chest, holding you tight and slowly rocking you back and forth.

"Everything's gonna be okay, love. I'm with you every step of the way. You are the strongest person I know, Y/N. It's okay to let go sometimes. I'm here to catch you if you fall."

Your body relaxed slightly as he hugged you through your most vulnerable moments. "Y/N, everything in my life revolves around you. I love you so much. I would move the mountains and the sea if you asked me to. I would give you a star if it meant seeing you smile again."

That made you break. Your lip quivered as you started sobbing into Loki's chest. "Let it all out babygirl. I'm here for you. I always will be. You don't have to go through life alone, you are loved and valuable and important."

"Y/N, the stars themselves, the sun, they're pale compared to how you shine when you smile. I will be your safe haven, whenever and wherever we go. You helped me through my worst moments and I will do the same for you. I promise I won't be letting go of your hand. Not now, not ever."

You eventually calmed down in Loki's embrace and after a few more minutes, you fell asleep, tired from crying.

Loki held you for a few more minutes before gently laying you on your bed, tucking you in and kissing your forehead, and then grabbing a book and sitting next to you in case you needed him again.