9 | bandages

Pairing: Loki x Fem!Reader

Warnings: self-harm, wounds

Setting: you're an avenger living in the headquarters, loki is also an avenger

Based on a headcanon

Not really much romance

---

You were in the gym of the headquarters, about to go on your daily combat workout when Loki walked in. You usually trained together, but this time something about him seemed off.

You noticed he had bandages wrapped around his palms. You didn't think too much of it - at least not for now.

Loki grabbed two spears and handed you one, getting into position to fight. You sparred for a while before you observed that he was struggling with his grip on the spear. And not long after, you defeated him in your wannabe fight.

"What's wrong with you today? Is something wrong or did you just let me win?"

Loki had a grumpy expression and mumbled something under his breath before walking out of the gym, back to the main building.

You decided it was best not to follow him as for he could get very mad on some bad days.

After a few hours of boredom, you did decide to pay the god of mischief a visit in his room. You were curious about the bandages on his hands. You just assumed he put those on for compression during his training.

You softly knocked on Loki's door and you heard a grumpy "Come in."

Slowly opening the door to his room, you saw him sitting on the floor leaning onto his bed, the bandages still on his palms, but they were...loose. As if someone had scratched them. 

"Loki? What's wrong?" You closed the door behind you as you walked into his room.

Sitting down next to him, you took one of hands and he flinched. "Let me." You whispered and he looked away from you, sighting in defeat.

Your hands carefully took off the bandages and you gasped at what you saw.

Scratches all over his hands. But not just some scratches, those were so deep that they could almost scar.

"Loki. What happened? Please talk to me." You were trying to understand.

He turned back to you and you saw the tears. "I did this." You frowned.

"What do you mean?"

"I did this to myself. I have been doing this to myself since I was a kid. I thought I could stop if I put bandages on. But I can't. I can't. I need to feel the pain. I just-"

He fisted his hands and slammed them onto the floor.

Without saying anything, you wrapped your arms around his neck and gently hugged him.

"It's okay. You're safe. No one can hurt you."

After Loki calmed down a bit, he let you look at his hands more carefully. You grabbed some disinfectant and some fresh bandages.

"Okay this is gonna sting a bit."

You cleaned up the scratches on his palms and put on new bandages.

"Can I tell you something, a method, that might keep you from avoiding doing that?" you proposed.

Loki nodded. You took a pen from his nightstand and started drawing stars, all over his bandages and his arms.

"See? Now your arms are like galaxies."

He chuckled slightly.

"Loki. If you ever need to talk to someone, please, and I mean it, please talk to me. Or anyone else. It won't do you any good if you bottle it all up here", you tapped his chest, "just please talk to someone."

He looked at you with genuine affection and whispered, "Thank you Y/N."

You drew stars around my scars.