16 | the time of my life

Pairing: Dancer!Loki x Dancer!Reader

Warnings: none

Plot: you and Loki are dance partners and do lots of shows. But one time you're particularly nervous and as he tries to calm you down, you notice you have feelings for him.

Inspired by the movie Dirty Dancing
---

Now I've had the time of my life
No, I never felt like this before

"Y/N, are you in here?" Loki knocked on the door to your bathroom. "Yes," you squeaked out. He opened the door and saw you sitting on the floor with a frustrated look on your face.

Yes I swear, it's the truth
And I owe it all to you
'Cause I've had the time of my life
And I owe it all to you

"Are you okay?" He knelt down next to you. "Yes just...nervous." You wiped your forehead. "I'm going to sweat off all my makeup."

"Hey, calm down." He grabbed your hands. "We've done this dance flawlessly many times. We'll be just fine. Even with mistakes. No one will notice."

I've been waiting for so long
Now I've finally found someone
to stand by me
We saw the writing on the wall
As we felt this magical fantasy

"But what if they do?" You whined. "They won't. I promise, darling." Loki called you petnames often. But he's been using them more and more lately. You looked into his eyes, taking in the warm shade of green.

Now with passion in our eyes
There's no way we could
disguise it secretly
So we take each other's hand
'Cause we seem to understand the urgency

He raised his hand and removed a strand of your hair from your face. His hand remained on your cheek.

Just remember
You're the one thing
I can't get enough of
So I'll tell you something
This could be love, because

He leaned closer. You could feel his breath. "May I?" He whispered so quiet you almost didn't hear him.

You nodded, lost in the moment. He pressed his lips onto yours, guiding you into a gentle and loving kiss.

I've had the time of my life
No, I never felt this way before
Yes, I swear, it's the truth
And I owe it all to you

It lasted for a few seconds before he pulled away. He smiled softly. "I don't know if you noticed, but I like you. A lot. I don't want to just dance with you. I want to take you on dates, buy you flowers and gifts, and kiss you." You felt your cheeks heat up. "I'd like that a lot."

"Good." He stood up and grabbed your hand, pulling you up too. "Now, let's go blow the guests' minds."

Hey, baby