That Weird Kid.(Lewin Light)

Two Weeks Later

Feb. 2007

Mephisto stretched and yawned.  He tossed his long legs out from under the covers, hopping to his feet. With the excitement of a small child, he threw open the curtains, revealing bright, cheerful sunshine. 

He knew full well that his demon passenger hated the light, but Mephisto loved the warmth, the dawn of another day. This passenger would soon give up this body and his pain would cease. But Mephisto still had time and would take each day as it came. Faust had been good to him, and he would enjoy the next stages of eternity.

Yes, today was a new day. It was a second (or third, or fourth)  chance to get the world spinning right. 

Well, he'd try anyway.

And, of course, he knew this was coming; he'd lived it all before. But yes, the sun was lovely. And today, it has always proven to be quite entertaining.

This is the day that Shiro meets his love child. 

The day that Shiro would understand the inner workings of their relationship with greater understanding. Oh yes, he wouldn't be happy about that!!

The demon yanked a long braided cord next to the balcony door. A bell clanked throughout the mansion, signalling to Mephisto's staff that he needed breakfast.  He curled himself within a round plush chair on his grand balcony just in time to see an army of servants enter. 

"British Tea cakes and scones with lemon curd." Belial rolled in a cart with a golden-tiered dessert arrangement. "Plus, eggs, Croque Madame, pain au chocolat..."

"This is all fine, Belial." Mephisto pouted, waving his hand dismissively. "But did you remember the date?"

"Yes, Master." Belial bowed with a small smile. "I have not forgotten. It is the first of October."

With a flourish of his gloved hand, the butler demon produced a pumpkin-spiced Latte.

Mephisto practically giggled with delight.

"Does it have an extra shot of pumpkin and toffee-nut syrup!?"

"Yes, master, and quad shots of expresso."

"Ohhhh gooodie!!" The demon tilted the cup and took a long sip, a large portion of froth fluffing onto his face. "This is the best morning ever!"

After a long leisurely breakfast, Mephisto spent over an hour in the bathroom. Starting with a good scrub in his room-sized marble shower. He groaned in delight as the multiple jets eased his many aches and pains. As his mind drifted off, he thought about Shiro.

God, he was such a pain in the ass!!

Shiro always called Mephisto lazy during missions. If only he knew how ridiculously fragile his life in Assiah was, the stress on his body. How hard he had to work to save the planet continuously. Shiro was such an insufferable ruffian to demons. Of course, Mephisto used him for that exact purpose, but a bit of understanding occasionally would be nice. 

He climbed out of the shower and dried with a soft towel. With a snap of a finger,  Mephisto was instantly dressed in office attire. A white suit and dress pants were required for the day, as a suit was Vatican protocol for the upper ranks.  Of course, Mephisto's outfit was highly embellished with bejewelled pins, cufflinks and decorative trim. The demon still carried a watch on a chain in his breast pocket. 

But it wasn't just any watch. It was the Doomsday Clock, the real one. 

When Yuri Egin had tried to join with Satan, the clock had moved backward, giving Assiah unlimited survival time. But Shiro had completely fucked it up. Once he separated Yuri from Satan, the Paladin inadvertently pushed Doomsday forward to the Blue Night. Much to Mephisto's alarm, the clock had stopped ticking.