Gentle/Demon (Rin and Yukio)

Shiro had thought over Mephisto's conversation most of the day. After changing and feeding the twins for the umpteenth time, he sat alone in his bedroom, staring at his reflection.

"I'm a worn-out has-been." He muttered, glaring at his bloodshot eyes and dirty hair. "This is what parenthood does to a person."

Suddenly there was a knock at the door; a stout exorcist stood before him dressed up in monk garb.

"I've been sent to relieve you, Fujimoto." He puffed out his chest. "You have been called on a mission as Paladin."

"Relieve me from what?" Shiro raised a curious eyebrow.

"Them." He pointed to the basket of babies. "Not to worry, I have two more exorcists with me."

"What's the mission."

"To prevent armageddon."

Shiro narrowed his eyes knowingly. "Who gave you the order?"

"It came from the top, Honorary Knight and Director Mephisto Pheles." The monk reached down to the floor and lifted a heavy case. "These are the items you will need to complete the assignment."

"I see."

The stout monk nodded his head, picked up the basket, and headed toward the main chapel in the monastery.

"I will take good care of them. You needn't worry."

Shiro closed his bedroom door and unlatched the bullet-proof case. Yet, instead of finding guns or a ninja sword, he found a new True Cross uniform. Not just any uniform, but a fancy dress one with a tie. Underneath the suit was a leather travelling case; when Shiro opened it, a bottle of expensive sandalwood cologne and toiletries tumbled out. As he continued to dig through the bag, he found a toothbrush, mouthwash, a razor and a hair trimmer. Immediately annoyed, Shiro called Mephisto on the phone.

"Yes, Shiro?" The demon said with an annoyingly saccharine voice. "What can I help you with?

"What are you expecting me to do here?" He growled. "Be James Bond?"

"You know full well what I'm asking."

"Yeah, well." He paused, deep in thought. "What if she refuses me?"

"She would never refuse you. Not ever." Mephisto answered matter-of-factly. "Nor will she discuss the future. The girl expects you to show her a good time; that's what I promised."

"You promised?"

"She knows what's coming," Mephisto explained. "And I gave her the best solution I could come up with. I thought it fitting to offer Yuri a final reward for saving the world. I asked her what she desired most of all. Much to my shock, she said you."

"Goddammit, Yuri." Shiro cursed under his breath. "That wish is the bottom of the barrel!"

"You will use that key I gave you," Mephisto ordered. "Save Yuri's soul and save Assiah from Satan. That is an order."

Shiro balled his fist at his sides, battling with his inner demons.

"I'll do it. You don't need to order me..."

"The real father of those babies--" Mephisto interjected.

"---I know...." Shiro interrupted, his voice heavy with emotion. "I somehow always knew they were mine."

The Paladin fell silent, leaving Mephisto hanging on the line. The demon took a sip of wine and patiently waited.

"What's with...." Shiro finally attempted to speak. "What's with the fucking razor and hair trimmer?"