The Balance Between Good and Evil

Shiro brandished his sword reluctantly. 

"I guess we gotta do this."

"I thought you were a fake Shiro," Shura questioned. "A  figment of my imagination, why are you holding back?"

"You said I was an imposter." He grinned mischievously. "But that's confusing for me. Fake dudes can't wield swords. Yet, here I am."

"In my fantasy, you fight."

"Okay, then." He ordered. "You first."

"Have it your way."

Shura lunged at Shiro, clashing swords with the musical chime of metal on metal. As the two champions thrust and parried, Mephisto watched on, polishing a large elaborate blade.

"You not fighting with us, clown?" Shura cajoled. "Yer just gonna sit there and rub one out?"

"I haven't used my weapon in quite some time." He answered, checking his reflection in its mirrored surface. "I'll wait until you're exhausted and easier to defeat. I will let Shiro do all the work."

"Typical." Shiro sighed in exasperation. "You lazy ass."

"Now, now Shiro-pon." The demon chided. "Your cheek is not appreciated."

"Fine, but if I win first." He threatened. "I get the girl."

"We'll see."

The two warriors continued to exchange an array of superpowered blows.

Shura rushed Shiro and leapt into the air shouting, "Lady Kirigakure sword technique: White Fury!"

A sudden burst of cold wind and snow overtook Shiro, sending him sailing back into the deep underbrush. 

Minutes later he emerged, shaking crystalized ice from his body.

"That's a new move. I gotta say, very impressive." He gifted her a genuine smile. "I left Rin in good hands, I knew you were the best teacher."

"So, says a fantasy that doesn't know me." She whispered under her breath. "Liar.."

"You know," Shura murmured as she slashed at her Shiro's neck. "You have waaaay too much personality and knowledge to be some sexual stand-in."

"I have no idea what you're talking about." He answered innocently. "Babe, I'm here to please you and that's all. That's what you wanted."

As they fought, Shiro backed Shura deeper and deeper into the rainforest, well away from the prying eyes of the lounging demon. 

"We gotta hide, make a distraction," Shiro ordered.

With a nod, Shura kicked him behind the knee, sending him crashing to the ground. Shiro grabbed her wrist and pulled her on top of him and they rolled into the long grass.

"Tell me the truth." She whispered her face inches from his. "What's really going on here?"

"Shura..." He answered with a muted voice. "Don't give in. Mephisto's testing you."

"Then why are you helping him!?" She hissed. "Don't ya have free will?"

"It's complicated." The former Paladin groaned. "I'm him, he's me. We're the same thing."

"But that's impossible." She exclaimed in confusion. "You died, Satan killed you!"

"Oh yeah? You believe that, huh?" Shiro chuckled. "Did you ever see my body...?"

"No, no I didn't." She furrowed her brows. "The brass said you were too beaten up for an open casket."

"I saw my own tombstone-," He winked. "--Placed on unturned grass, nobody dug a hole. There was nothing to bury."