CHAPTER 42: QUEEN

FIVE MONTHS LATER

SLAKHA KINGDOM

ROYAL PALACE – THRONE ROOM

*CREAKING* *DOOR OPENING*

"HER MAJESTY QUEEN OF SLAKHA KINGDOM IS ARRIVING SHORTLY."

A knight announced as the Throne room door opens.

*THUD* *THUD*

The nobles who were waiting in the throne room could hear loud number of footsteps approaching. They all turn their gaze quickly to see the Queen walk into the throne room.

"Viscount Carwel..."

A young brown-haired Baron in poor-quality attire calls out to the dark-haired man standing in front of him in a quiet tone.

Viscount Carwel turns around to see who called and noticed a man dressed in cloth unfitting of noble status. He could tell with a glance that the man was just some Baron of some shitty territory out in nowhere.

His head jerked backward as he wondered why such a poor excuse for a noble would need to speak with him. He thought while staring at Baron Jonan with a look of contempt.

Noticing the stare he got from the viscount, Baron Jonan realized that viscount Carwel didn't remember who he was. Although once, they were friends when they attended the 'Aura knight institution.' An institution that was built to train young men to become Aura users. But it has produced no such talent since the institution was founded.

"Hmph... I wonder how such a wretch is even allowed in the palace."

Viscount Carwal murmurs as he turns away, facing the path the queen would walk through to the throne, with an enormous smile on his face.

*TAP*

Baron Jonan feels a light tap on his shoulders. He looks behind and sees lady Fianna Barstrong.

He flinched, surprised to see her, but composed himself immediately.

"Oh, it's good to see you, lady Fianna."

Baron Jonan greeted in a friendly tone while avoiding her gaze.

"Ah, yes, it's nice to see you too... how many years was it since you've been away from the capital?"

Lady Fianna asked.

"Well... it's been three years since i and my family moved to our Barony."

Baron Jonan replied quickly, out of nervousness.

Lady Fianna noticed how uncomfortable Baron Jonan was and smiled.

"Hehe, it is no use being uncomfortable around me. I have already moved on from the past. I am no longer the naïve, noble girl that fell for a commoner boy, not knowing the one I loved already loved another.

But we should bury all our feelings and memories in the past don't you think so too Baron Jonan."

Lady Fianna asked, with a gentle smile on her face.

"Ye–yes... it's all in the past now."

Baron Jonan said in an apologetic tone.

"So... what was it you were trying to ask that pompous viscount?"

Lady Fianna asked in a friendly tone.

It surprised Baron Jonan how amiable lady Fianna is, to treat him like a friend even after what he did.

"Since she forgave me, I should stop acting uncomfortable around her because of my guilty conscience."

Baron Jonan thought in his mind.