CHAPTER 43: ISSUES

ONE MONTH LATER

GIGGADON EMPIRE

ROYAL PALACE

COUNCIL HALL

Sitting around the Council table were Emperor Maximus, the five dukes, Royal Knight Captain Izaak, and Lord Chamberlain.

Lord Chamberlain stood up from his seat with a note in hand. He opens it before saying.

"... At today's council meeting, we will be talking about the events that have stirred up worry within the Empire recently. Some require immediate attention and others can be looked at later.

One of the events that needs immediate attention is the continuous report of missing orphans throughout the outer capital and other Vassal states in the empire.

Although we have the knights investigating this, there is still no clue as to where these children are. These incidents have caused panic among the Commoners, fearing that their children might go missing next.

And there is also the problem with the 'SLAKHA KINGDOM' ceasing supply of mana stones. As you all know. Mana stones are a very important resource for the empire. It is what is used to power most of the magic tools, like the teleportation platforms. And it's also very important to the magic tower. Isn't that right Tower master?"

Chamberlain Eadulf said, turning his gaze to Tower Master Zurrick.

"Yes, Lord Chamberlain's words are correct. Though the empire has a mana stone mine, it is not as large, and as many, of that in the Slakha Kingdom. which is where the magic tower gets most of its mana stone supply from.

And, if the supply of mana stones stops for too long, we would not be able to continue important research."

Tower master Zurrick explained.

"So, why did the Slakha Kingdom stop supplying mana stones? Was our payment not enough? Or do they no longer wish to supply?"

Emperor Maximus asked with a nonchalant tone and expression, as he sat in his seat with a bored expression and turned his gaze to Sir Izaak.

"Your majesty, according to what our spies reported. The SLAKHA Kingdom has gone through a sudden change of power.

A month ago, The Slakha royal family was dethroned by an unknown group, overnight. And after they took over the kingdom, the leader of this group, Diana Slade, summoned all the nobles in the kingdom, and executed most of them, including the ones, in contact with us.

We tried to get more information on this individual, Diana Slade, but we lost contact with the spies we sent."

Izaak reported as he sat beside the emperor. The Giggadon Empire's spy network has a reputation of being too slippery to be caught, even by other formidable Empires, thanks to their incredible escaping abilities. But this was the first time that almost a dozen spies sent never reported back, after entering the capital city of Slakha kingdom. Izaak found the situation concerning.

"And what is the 'SOTO' doing about the situation? As a powerful organization, it's not possible that they could not deal with an unknown force that invaded and took over an allied kingdom. Right...?"

Duke Winterwin asked.

After the Giggadon Empire showed its overwhelming strength by unifying the North with force. The Southern Empires and kingdoms banded together to form a powerful organization that could fight against the threat of the Giggadon Empire.

This Organization is called 'SOTO' Also known as the 'SOUTH OCEAN TREATY ORGANIZATION'. An organization that ensures the safety and security of all four hundred and ninety Southern Kingdoms and five Empires.