♡5♡

"IT HURTS!"

"miss y/n! you have to push!"

you shook your head, feeling tears falling down your cheeks as you cried, "i-i can't! it hurts! i can't do this!!" the woman only held your hand tightly as she encouraged you further.

near the door stood illumi, who was watching, unsure of what to do. you had asked him earlier if he could stay to give you company. he declined at first, saying that he was busy and had to prepare for a mission but your sudden crying as you yelled about how scared of pregnancy you were he gave in and accompanied you. but there is an issue, he didn't know what he should be doing.

it's not his fault... it's his first time seeing a woman in labour. when his mother was in labour, he was quite literally training and didn't know of the birth of his brother until afterwards. now here he is, just standing there awkwardly listening to his sister scream and cry from how painful it felt. he hoped him being in the same room was enough.

but he was a little worried, it seemed like the pregnancy was too much for you. he knows that a lot of mothers lose their lives after birthing their children and he hoped deep inside that you wouldn't fall victim to that. you were a fragile girl and also very sick.

a few long hours passed and illumi chose to take a seat outside of the room instead, as there was no space in the room after more nurses stormed in. his parents were nowhere to be seen, probably discussing you and your child. he knew what was awaiting you and all he could do was hope that you were lucky enough that your child wouldn't carry your features. maybe that mitsuya butler is going to be useful for something for once... he sighed, leaning his head on the wall as he stared at the floor in boredom.

he didn't know how much time passed, but he would bet that over 7 hours went by. it was taking really long, but he did know that it was normal for it to take so many hours. your screams stopped a while ago, probably from tiredness so now the room was relatively quiet from outside.

suddenly the door opened, and a nurse rushed out, looking around for illumi. he immediately stood up, scaring her half to death as she didn't expect him to still be waiting. "he's here," she said, "you can come in." and with that he entered the room.

there you lied on the bed, sweat covering your face as you panted softly. your eyes were barely open from how exhausted you were. on your chest lied a baby.

he approached you and immediately looked at the boy, to see that he had white hair.

he then looked at you who was now passed out, snoring loudly.

the boy still hasn't opened his eyes, so there was hope.

suddenly kikyo stormed into the room, silva and zeno right behind her. he turned to them and they were surprised for a moment to see illumi there.

"kikyo-sama! the birth was a success," a maid said, leading her to you. she picked the boy up, seeing that you were now asleep and placed him on a hospital bassinet.

kikyo walked up to the boy and gasped.

"h-he..." she said, before carrying him up in her arms. his eyes were open and they were blue.

illumi narrowed his eyes before looking away, hearing as his mother boasted about the heir and such. all he could do was look at your sleeping innocent face, knowing how devestated you would be when you'd wake up.

"this means that she cannot continue to be his mother. we must raise him as our own so that he becomes a fine assassin." silva stated, staring at the boy as well. kikyo smiled, "ahh what should i name him?"