♡6♡

months have passed.

it all went well and killua quickly learnt how to walk.

he showed great potential, and my parents made that known for me. that no matter how much i would coddle him, whisper to him how i'd protect him and keep him warm, his fate of being the heir is ineveitable.

he was my son, but in the end, he belongs to them.

it hurt me dearly whenever i'd remember that, and i prayed and wished that i would be able to keep him safe but there was only so much i could do.

"he starts his poison resistant training soon."

my heart almost stopped to my stomach when silva said that to me.

you mean the same poison training that ruined my life?

the same poison training that made me a complete outcast from my family and lead me to even consider suicide as an escape from the loneliness i was submit to?

it hurt me. devestated me. illumi never told me about it because he knew i wouldn't like it, so he let me savour the ignorance and bliss as long as i could until it ended.

i couldn't sleep for days after silva informed me. killua would turn 1 years old in just a few months, and that's when he'll begin his training.

we have to escape.

i hugged killua close to my chest as he played with a toy. after a few minutes he pushed his hands on my chest and ran off to catch a butterfly that caught his attention.

i heard that kikyo would give birth to another son very soon. so soon that it could be any day now. they had already chosen a name for him, alluka.

i watched with a smile as killua chased the butterfly. he would be a good older brother.

"be careful, killua!" i called out but he payed me no mind.

then suddenly he tripped over his legs and fell on his face. tears gathered in his eyes and i immediately rushed to his side and carried him up in my arms. i hugged him close as i cooed at him, blowing softly at the spot that hurt, making him giggle and smile instead of cry.

"you baby him too much." a voice said, making me look up to see illumi.

"aniki! you're back already?"

he nodded, throwing a needle on the tree beside me, "i am. how is kil doing?" kil was a nickname illumi began calling killua, and i thought it was sweet.

"he's good, right killua?" i asked, rubbing my cheek against his. "so cute." i squealed softly.

"i'm here to tell you that i was informed that i would be training killua alongside father." that made me drop my smile as i looked at him in shock.

"what?" i asked, setting killua down who ran off somewhere.

"you know that their words are absolute. i only felt that you should know, as he's your son." he stated with a monotone voice, making me shake my head. "but no.. i don't want that.

aniki, i don't even want him to go through the training. why are you going to be the one to put him through that pain?" i asked quietly.

"you may sprout your nonsense, but it will not change what has been decided. not a second time," he said, referring to what i did back when they tried to seperate killua from me.

"thank you for telling me then... aniki." i whispered, "i think.. i'll go to my tower now." and with that i took killua and left.