♡9♡

when killua came back after 2 years of being in the battle arena, he was forbidden from seeing me. that still didn't stop him from sneaking into my tower at first, but when he was caught he would be tortured for full days.

and in the end, he stopped coming.

it's been 3 years since he came back, and suddenly one day he snapped and attacked mother and milluki before running away from home. i was so surprised when i first heard about it, not expecting him to snap. i thought that silva and illumi's training was successful, because he was even going to assassin missions and such.

illumi was sent to keep an eye on him and i of course stayed back. though i heard that killua went to take the hunter exam. i didn't know what a hunter was and what the exam was all about, so i had some maids explain it to me after my parents wouldn't budge.

i felt worried after they described the death rate, but i knew killua would make it because he's strong.

and i was right. a few weeks passed and killua returned home with illumi.

when i heard the maid announce it, immediately i jumped out of my bed and ran down to greet him.

i smiled widely when i saw him walk into the garden and towards the mansion. "killua!" i yelled, waving at him. he lifted his head up in surprise, not expecting me to be there. "m-mom?" he mumbled in shock. my smile faltered when i noticed the depressing aura he was emitting. i ran towards him before tackling him into a hug. he was stunned for a moment before hugging me back and shoving his head on my neck. "i missed you so much.." i whispered, hugging him tighter, "how was the outside world? did you make any friends?"

he was quiet before breaking the hug, "no.. i didn't." he muttered before walking past me. i stared at him in surprise, not expecting him to walk off like that. i stood up and rushed after him, but stopped when i saw kikyo and silva waiting for killua.

i froze in shock, watching as they said something to him before dragging him away.

"w-wait.. where are you taking him?" i said, walking up to them. i put my hand on killua's shoulder in an effort to pull him away from them, but he shook my hand off without looking at me.

"i can't be your son anymore." he mumbled and they walked away, not recognizing my presence.

i stood there in shock, registering his words in my mind. what's this..? what's going on... why do i feel like my world has just crumbled before me? tears tickled down my cheeks as i fell to the ground, holding my hands to my furiously beating heart in an effort to comfort myself. killua's words echoed in my mind.

3 days have passed since then and killua is still being tortured. he hasn't been let out or given a break for even a moment and the one responsible for torturing him was milluki. though of course it was an order from silva and kikyo, which is why I was in front of him currently.

I got on my knees and lied my forehead against the ground as I said, "please let him go."

silva was silent, not speaking up.

"please let killua go."

"the crime he committed is grave. he will not be released and that decision is final. raise your head, y/n."

i slowly looked up, to meet his icy cold eyes that glared into mine. "he must be punished. you shall go to your tower, or you'll be punished as well." he stated and i shook my head tearfully. "you've hurt him so much that he cannot even cry from pain anymore..."

"you're dismissed, y/n." he glared at me, and anger emitted from him. i shivered in fear before finally leaving.