Jesse

Thanks for all the votes and comments... Here's the much awaited chapter, intro of Jesse.

****************************

"What's your power?" Helen looked expectantly at Rose.

"Rose..."

"Ummm... I... I don't know" 

Helen sighed. She didn't know what she was going to do with her new,naive friend.

"What is your power...?" Rose mumbled still embarassed about her ignorance of anything and everything.

"This..." Helen clicked her fingers and the room went absolutely dark, as dark as starless night Rose thought.

"Wow!" Helen smiled as she saw the fascinated look on her friend's face.

She couldn't understand what else could they be teaching here, Helen could access her gift with just a click of her fingers what else could they possibly teach her?

"What are you going to learn here when you just know what your gift is and what to do with it?" Rose thought out loud.

"All I know is how to extract the light from around my surroundings, there is much to learn about my gift, for instance they could teach me how to create a lightining with all the energy that I managed to absorb until now..." Helen really looked forward to extend her powers.

"Oh! I don't even know what my power is? What if they ask me what it was?" Rose fell on her bed with a defeated sigh.

"Tell me your story, may be I can tell what your power is?"

Rose scrambled onto Helen's bed excitedly and began explaining every minute detail about her ruined birthday party. Helen nodded and asked a question or few when needed.

"Your cousin just flew across the yard..." Helen snickered picturing the scene.

Rose nodded clearly ashamed of what she did to her cousin but Helen found it funny. 

"He was asking for it, girl." she said still laughing.

"You are supposed to help me not laugh at my cousin..." Rose pouted.

"It's just..." Helen stopped as soon as she caught the glare from her friend.

"I think.... may... be..." Rose eyes went wide eagerly waiting for her conclusion.

"May be..."

"Come on..." 

"May be your gift is levitation..." she concluded.