Blood Offerings

“Rose…You need to move fast.”  They had been walking through endless tunnels that Rose was sure that they were going round and round or hopelessly lost but Ronny was so sure this time that he urged her frail, little feet to move.

“Ronny, I’m too tired. I can’t walk any further.” Rose leaned on to the wall heavily breathing.

“They must be here somewhere… stand by all exits.” The voice of nighling gaurds echoed through the walls.

“Come on…” he scooped her up and ran with what seemed to Rose an astonishing speed, as if he was carrying a light feather.

“Ronny…light.” She watched the tiny specks of light filtering in through the columns of the walls.

“Close…” Ronny mumbled. He let her down, he sighed her to keep quiet and they tiptoed towards the exit, hoping to find a guard.

“Two of them… Piece of cake.” He muttered.

He rubbed his  a palms, knuckled his wrists getting ready for the wrestling match. As soon as he stepped into the light, Rose stood near by watching the guards expression, they were horrified to see him. They were pretty tense as they made their first move, reluctant to attack their Prince, she thought. She observed them for a while and decided it was more than that.

The crackling of sparks at the tip of his hands caught their attention. Their distraction was an open end call, he produced a blaze of air and slashed through it, blinding them for a second and using that valuable second to kick in their guts.

The night guards must have heard the commotion, their heavy footsteps grew even closer.

“Help me, open the door.” The rock was really hard to push.

“Don’t you think there should be a lever or button, something like that…”Rose grumbled, In all movies opening this kind of doors was really easy, they had to figure out the puzzle and use it.

“Think yourself as a Conan… push the door.” Ah! Exception to the statement, she remembered Arnold pushing the doors, in ‘Conan the destroyer’ but Rose thought that those bits were just to show off Arnold’s muscular built.

“Push the door…I’ll take care of the gaurds.” Rose stopped him.

“I’ve a better idea. How many of them?”

“Three, I guess.” Rose remembered how Shadow asked her to feel the connection to acess their minds. She picked up the three signals. She strolled deep into their mind corners, prodded them to dispose their weapons. They did, a small smile crept on her face knowing that things were going well so far.

“Step aside…” she mouthed to Ronny.

She goaded them to open the door. They could see the gaurds trying hard to get their will back.  They worked mechanically on the door as Rose never left the links. The hulk trio were sucessful in opening the door with a little extra effort from Ronny.

Rose squeezed in through the little gap,Ronny followed her.  “Shut the  door, will ya?” Rose smiled wickedly.

“Wicked…” Ronny winked. He liked this wild kind of Rose, Her idea of fun was just like his.  She held the power on them until the door was closed.

“Little trick to encourage them…” Ronny smiled and set his hands ablaze, he touched the door.

“Nice,huh?” He turned to see Rose lay sprawled on the floor.  She was cold, she must have drained her energy to control them.  It must have been thirty minutes of usage, he guessed.

“Impressive! She is getting better and better…”Ronny checked her vitals, her skin was cold. He scooped her up and thought that she needed some thing to eat to revive her energy. He scanned through the arena, there was nothing edible in vicinity. He need her awake if he was going to apparate her. He couldn’t  think of anything else.  He sat down and held her in his arm, he watched her peaceful face. He sighed knowing that she would be disgusted at him for what he was going to do. It was fine if she hates him but the worse thing was she might hate herself for doing this.