Stalker and attacker

.Rose sat by the window staring into the darkness,  for  the last three days her mind was utterly confused.  The prospect of her being a nightling was too much to take. She tried convincing herself that she will be the true one but the dreams taunted her too much.

Kitty skipped into the window and cuddled in Rose’s laps.  Rose sat rubbing Kitty’s ears oblivious to the growing discontent in Kitty. Kitty suddenly leaped away from her and began to stare into the darkness. Rose watched into the darkness trying to find what was disturbing her so much. May be a mice,she thought.

“Do you see something?”  Kitty purred.

Rose fetched torch and shed the light into the night. Kitty still purred.

“You see something?” Helen asked settling on the bed.

Rose smiled and walked over to her friend who seemed really excited about something. Helen scarcely was at home, Andy and Helen had plans every day, Kenny  was either stuck to the T.V or video games which left Rose alone and broody.

Each night the girls would have a long chat about Helen’s date. They would doze off some time in the middle of the chat.

Rose woke up as Kitty ‘meowed’ impatiently by her ear.  She pulled her into embrace and hushed her without even opening her ears, Kitty wiggled away from her embrace and purred at her ear.Finally, Rose gave up and sat glaring at Kitty, she leaped to the floor, wagging her tail she left. Rose watched the notorious cat leave,  the cold wind threw the windows open and she caught some movement through the corner of her eyes.

She whisked in the direction only to see the windows open and the wind blowing in. The day was bright and the cold wind was an excellent combination. She longed to have a walk, she had been staying too much indoors.

Rose walked the long roads, she went to the park and sat on the swings,drawing signs on the sand with her legs. She  missed the academy environment and mostly Jesse. She huffed and leaned  on the chain and closed her eyes inhaling the fresh air.

Strong hands covered her mouth, she thought it was Kenny playing on her. She wiggled under his strong grip. He pulled her away from the swings, he was too strong , too tall to be Kenny. She tried throwing punches but he held her too tight.

He dragged her into the near by trees, and with one hand tight around her waist, he bent over her neck. Rose wiggled hard knowing she was in wrong hands. The graze on her skin brought realization to her. She panicked and tried to scream but the sharp pain in her neck cut short her cry.

Suddenly, She was being whisked away from the strong hands and the souldrinker was hit hard on the chest causing him to fly away in other direction. Rose fell on the floor,her hands traced the wound and the metallic scent blood made her dizzy. She collapsed on to the floor.

The huge thuds reminded her that a fight was going on. After what seemed to be few painful moments, Rose felt someone scooping her up.  It was difficult to keep her eyes open, the unearthly smell of the stranger made her cosy.

“Jesse…” She mumbled. She made a final attempt to see her savior and stared into a set of deep brown eyes.