Invaders

Rose’s stomach growled just in time, she put her thoughts aside and dug in. The food was as usual scrumptious.

“Hey, guys…Does anyone know who prepares our food?” Rose asked savoring the taste of the food.

Her friends just stared at her as if they heard something they shouldn’t.

“It’s just I wanted to thank those people for serving us delicious food everyday…” she said sheepishly.

They nodded heads in disbelief, it’s only Rose who could think of such things. They just ignored her question and continued doing whatever they were doing before.

She finished up her lunch and headed outside for a walk and fresh air. She promised to meet up  with Helen at the Great hall by the end of lunch break.

Rose kept on walking inhaling the fresh air and basking in the glorious sunlight, she always found that nature was like a chill pill to her.

“Hey…”she heard a deep baritone voice.

She turned aroud too quickly and hit something hard, it was moving in regular beats. She raised her eyes to meet blue eyes that peered down at her. She gasped when she realized who it was and took a quick step back.

“Sorry… I didn’t know that you were standing right behind me.”

“I’m Jesse…” he said smiling hand outstretched.

“I know…”

“You do…?” He gave a cocky grin.

Rose stood unable to understand if she should say something. If so what should she say? It was difficult for her to talk with him, without meeting his eyes and if she does she was getting lost in those deep pools and she didn’t want to sound like a blithering silly teenager.

Jesse couldn’t help but smile at her thoughts. Her sweet innocence and pure heart drew him more close to her. He knew that she was the one but her good qualities were like extra credentials to him.

“I heard you wanted to thank the Chef…”

How did he know? He must have heard me, Was he thinking that I’m stupid to care about such things just like others did? If he did what could I possibly do? Rose thought.

In the end she just nodded. He held her hand and led her towards the eastern wing. They took a left turn at the end of the ground floor and there were stairs that lead to basement. She smelled the aroma of food ligering in the halls, she craved for whatever that smelled so good.

“I have something to tell you…before I take you to meet him. Don’t stare at him, it hurts him.” He said as he opened the door and let her in first.

She remembered her words, she knew that staring at a person no matter how ugly or weird they were is bad manners. She wouldn’t do that she told herself but she could never have imagined what lay ahead.

“Ah! I see that you do remember me…” a thick accent chided.

“Sorry, got stuck up with assignments…” Jesse said and pulled the chair for her to sit in.

The chef’s cabin was tiny and cosy. The air was filled with different aroma’s, Rose smelled hot chocolate and her taste buds began to salivate at the thought of it.

The person was sitting turned towards the fire and  probably making something,Rose couldn’t get a clear picture from where she was sitting.

“Here’s your favorite hot chococlate…”

Rose gasped as soon as the chair turned revealing a thing. She completely freaked out but he heard his voice in her head.

“Calm down…”