CHAPTER 5: NEW HOME, AND NEW LIFE

After a long and eventful journey, you return home in the morning, greeted by the warmth and familiarity of your family's embrace. Upon returning home, you enthusiastically share the details of your journey with your family, recounting the places you visited and showcasing your paintings of the beautiful landscapes you encountered, including the legendary pond. You carefully avoid showing them the picture of Giyu, as you had painted him during your journey. Although it's not entirely accurate, you tried to capture his essence based on your memory of his appearance.

(The art was created by: yhajime

(The art was created by: yhajime. Retrieved from : https://9gag.com/gag/aQ1R8Ar)

Then, you reveal the big news that you've accepted Giyu's offer to become his apprentice and that you'll be staying at his house. Your family expresses happiness and pride in your achievements. Your grandpa, in particular, is thrilled and proud that one of the powerful Hashira has recognized your talent and breathing style, reflecting his own training and guidance. It's a moment of joy and celebration for your family.

Your friend, [friend name], comes over to chat with you, and she can't help but feel a bit saddened upon hearing that you won't be around for a while due to your apprenticeship with Giyu. However, her mood brightens as you recount the details of your journey. She's amazed by the stories you share and is particularly eager to see the paintings you've created during your travels. You proudly display your artwork. The colorful canvases depict the breathtaking sights and experiences you've encountered, offering a glimpse into the world beyond. Your mother lovingly prepares a spread of delicious dishes, including your all-time favorite. Despite your doctor sister's well-intentioned lectures about the perils of indulging in too much rice, you nod in understanding but can't resist savoring the flavors you love. Later, your sister visits your room and takes a seat on your bed. She shares her worries with you, her concern evident in her words. 

"You know, I can't help but worry about you," she says, her voice filled with genuine concern. "I see how happy being a demon slayer makes you, and I'm proud of the way you protect people. But promise me something, okay? Promise me you that come back safe." Her words carry a mix of affection and apprehension, reflecting the emotional complexity of having a family member dedicated to such a dangerous profession. You listen attentively, understanding her fears and knowing that your journey comes with risks, but you can't help but smile and reassure her, "I promise, sis. I'll always come back home safe." 

The dawn brings with it a sense of renewal and a fresh start as you prepare for the challenges and adventures that lie ahead in your new role as Giyu's apprentice within the Demon Slayer Corps. Three days pass, you arrive at Giyu's residence on a beautiful, sunlit afternoon. You knock on his gate and patiently wait until he opens it. With a friendly greeting, you inquire about his lunch "Hello, Giyu! I brought some lunch with me from my travels. Would you like some?" you ask, presenting the food you've brought along. Giyu responds that he's already eaten, mentioning that there are leftovers. He then gets straight to the point, suggesting that tomorrow will be the start of your training. You agree with enthusiasm, eager to embark on this new phase of your journey as Giyu's apprentice. 

Giyu opens the gate wide to welcome you inside, and as you step into his residence, you take a moment to observe your new surroundings. It's clear that he lives alone, and the sense of responsibility and maturity exuded by his living space isn't lost on you. You can't help but find it rather dreamy, seeing the Water Hashira's personal domain up close. It marks the beginning of your journey as his apprentice, a journey that promises growth, learning, and a deeper connection with the world of the demon slayers. Giyu turns to you with a considerate question. "Do you want to tour the place first or eat lunch?" he asks, recalling that you mentioned wanting to explore the area initially. "I'd love to take a tour first," you reply, your curiosity piqued about the environment you'll be spending a significant amount of time in as his apprentice. It's a chance to familiarize yourself with your new surroundings and get a glimpse into his daily life as well. You follow Giyu as he begins to give you a tour of his house. He's noticeably taller than you by a few inches, and his house reveals a sense of simplicity and serenity.

 As he shows you around, you take in the details: there's a lovely garden inside the residence, both an indoor and outdoor training area, three bedrooms, a kitchen with a dining room, a spacious living room, and two bathrooms. Giyu mentions that your training will take place outside, keeping the house's interior undisturbed. He also told where your bedroom is. The atmosphere in his house is remarkably silent, adding to the sense of tranquility that permeates the place. It's a stark contrast to the bustling world of demon slaying, and you can't help but appreciate the peace it offers. "This will be your new home. Welcome," Giyu says with a slight glance in your direction. His words carry a mix of formality and sincerity, making it clear that he's extending his hospitality to you. 

As his apprentice, you're now a part of his life and his dwelling reflects the commitment to your training and growth as a demon slayer. It's a significant step forward in your journey, and his words mark the beginning of a new chapter in your life under his guidance. 

When Giyuu tells you that this will be your new home, you feel nervous but also thankful to him. "Yes, I'm excited for the training. Thanks, Giyu," you say, your enthusiasm clear in your voice. Feeling an unexpected surge of affection and gratitude, you impulsively jump towards him and wrap your arms around him in a hug. Giyu, taken aback by the sudden display of affection, seems surprised by your action. It's a moment of genuine emotion breaking through his typically stoic demeanor, catching both of you off guard. Realizing that Giyu didn't hug you back and sensing the awkwardness of the situation, you quickly step back, feeling embarrassed by your spontaneous action. "Sorry about that," you mumble, feeling your cheeks flush with embarrassment. "I tend to do that when I get overwhelmed or excited." You offer a sheepish smile, hoping to ease the tension and make light of the moment.

 Giyu's usually reserved nature and your impulsive hug created an unexpected interaction, leaving both of you in an interesting position. Feeling a mixture of guilt and embarrassment, you watch as Giyu walks away without saying anything. As you lie in your bed, you feel a pang of guilt for making Giyu uncomfortable with your impulsive hug. You understand that he's not the type to openly express emotions or embrace kinship, but your excitement got the better of you. Thoughts about what tomorrow will bring fill your mind. Will Giyu still be willing to train you after what happened today? You can't help but worry about the dynamics of your new mentor-apprentice relationship. After contemplating these thoughts for a while, you decide to take a soothing shower to clear your mind. 

As you lie in bed after taking a shower, you can't help but feel a mixture of excitement and nervousness about the training that awaits you. Eventually, exhaustion takes over, and you drift off to sleep, hoping that tomorrow will be a new day filled with opportunities for growth and understanding.

**Hope you like. Please vote and continue reading! 

**if you want to download the picture above you can copy this link:

https://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/3910807 (CREATED BY : pixiescout)