CHAPTER 9: He's Cute When he's Eating Food

You wake up, with the sunlight illuminating your room. You're in your bed...and you're comfortably wrapped in warm covers. You decide to get up and change your clothes, so you get out of bed. When you walk out of your room, you spot Giyu, he was playing shogi. You quietly approach Giyu, taking a moment to admire the serene expression on his face as he concentrates. You sneak up behind Giyu, trying to scare him.

 "Boo!" You say, right next to his ear. You're expecting him to be alarmed by your sudden presence, and for him to jump out of his seat. But.. he doesn't.

He stares at you blankly "I see.. I've lost." You chuckle softly, finding his response rather amusing. 

"Well, I guess I need to work on my scaring skills," you say with a playful grin.

You express your interest in playing shogi with Giyu. He glances at you, his expression thoughtful for a moment, before he nods in agreement.

"Alright," he says, setting up the shogi board for a new game. "But I have to warn you, I'm quite skilled at this." You chuckle, taking your seat opposite him. "We'll see about that." The two of you begin your shogi match, the pieces moving with precision and strategy. Despite Giyu's warning, you're determined to give him a good challenge. It's a friendly game, but the competitive spirit between you adds a touch of excitement to the morning. His expression is blank, but there's something warm about him.. he looks like he's ready for you. You can't help but feel slightly nervous, but you don't show it. Giyu's eyes are fixed on the shogi board, and he looks as if he's focused. Now, it's your turn to make a move.. 

You sit Infront of Giyu, and look at his pieces. You notice that he has taken a defensive position, with his rook pieces set up to protect his king. You think for a moment, and then move your knight to threaten his king. You notice that he's moved his rook and another piece to cover his king. He seems focused on the game. You could take it with your rook.. but then he would capture your rook piece with his bishop. You move your bishop to the edge of the board instead. Giyu's eyes dart back and forth along the rows and columns of the board, and he seems to be.. considering his next move. 

Suddenly, he makes a decision. He places his rook on the left side of his king, pushing your bishop away and making a safe wall for his king to stand behind in case you moved away from it with a knight. You think for a moment, and then move your rook in a way that threatens his king once more. You push your rook up the board. You can almost hear Giyu's brain working as he considers your move. He's not sure if he should go on the offense or the defense. After a few moments, he places another piece on the board. It's.. his bishop. The piece you could've used to check his king two moves ago. He then looks up at you, and his eyes are filled with an unidentifiable emotion. "Checkmate." He beat you that fast?

 You can't help but smile back at Giyu's offer for another game, even though he just defeated you so swiftly. There's something about playing shogi with him that's strangely enjoyable, even if you're not winning. As you set up the pieces for the next game, you feel a sense of camaraderie with Giyu, a connection that goes beyond words. It's a simple but meaningful moment, and you're grateful for it.

 The two of you begin your next match, ready to challenge each other once more. As the games continue and you keep losing, you can't help but laugh at your own lack of skill in shogi. Giyu's calm and composed demeanor contrasts with your playful frustration, creating a comfortable atmosphere between the two of you. When your stomach rumbles, you realize how hungry you are. "Did you not eat anything breakfast?" Giyu looks up from the board, and he looks at you curiously. "No, I forgot to." 

The thought of you forgetting to eat your breakfast is something he seems to take seriously. "You should have something to eat now then, otherwise your body will begin to tire."

"..."

"yes mother"

"I'm... not your mother." he say, your laugh. Giyu watches you with an unreadable expression. 

You can't help but burst out in a fit of giggles. Giyu's words were.. unexpected.  He may not be the most expressive person, but there's a hint of warmth in his eyes as he listens to you. "I shall return" you said then run outside. The Water Hashira watches you run outside. He's not sure why you decided to go outside, but he decides to let you do what you want to.

He then looks around, to see if there was anything else he needed to do. He makes a mental note to clean up the living room later, and then he decides to take a few moments to relax. After a several minutes.. he hears the sounds of footsteps approaching. They seem to be moving quickly, almost frantically. Giyu looks up, and sees you sprinting towards him. He notices your expression and your rapid breathing. "What's... happened?" He asks as a look of Concern fills his eyes. You show him what you handling while breathing. 

"Are you giving this to me?" Giyu stares at the rice cakes in your hand, confusion filling his eyes. You nod while smiling.  "Well I like ohagi, I hope you like it too."Giyu eyes widen, and he looks excited. You give him two of the ohagis you bought. Giyu's eyes show genuine surprise and gratitude as he takes the ohagi from you. He carefully inspects the rice cakes before taking a bite. His stoic expression doesn't change, but his actions speak volumes. He eats them slowly, savoring the taste, and his eyes soften ever so slightly.

Yeah he likes it very much. "These are... delicious," he finally says in his usual calm tone, though there's a hint of appreciation in his voice. You can't help but feel a sense of accomplishment at his reaction. It's a small gesture, but it seems to have made him genuinely happy. 

"Thank you." After that he told you that you need to practice to him later on, you groan, "ah, why? is ohagi not enough?" you said and lie down. 

Two months later, "Hey, are we going to practice today?, because I'm going to the butterfly mansion. She said that I'll be a huge help to her if I take care of Tanjiro and his friends"

"Ah. I see." Giyu nods in response, his expression thoughtful. He takes a moment to consider your request. "Well, we could practice," he eventually replies, "but if Shinobu says you're a huge help, then-"He cuts off in mid sentence, and he quickly recomposes himself. "Well, you can go do that then. I should go with you though. I wouldn't mind seeing Shinobu, and checking on Tanjiro." You raise an eyebrow, noticing the subtle change in Giyu's demeanor, you welcome the idea.

 After all, you've been getting closer over the past few months, and his company has grown more comforting to you. "Sure, Giyu," you say with a warm smile. "It'll be good to have you with me." With your agreement, Giyu nods and starts preparing to leave. It seems like he genuinely values your company, even if he doesn't express it openly. Together, you make your way towards the Butterfly Mansion. Giyu follows beside you as you walk out of the house. He's silent for a while, and he seems to be taking in his surroundings. 

Silence fills the air again as the two of you continue through the streets of the village. 

**Hope you like. Please vote and continue reading! 

**if you want to download the picture above you click the Pinterest icon above.